Re: Note 7 Recall Details
varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!  Hoping next week's visit to Verizon is a good one!!

deaellis
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is funny that everybody is being told different stories. I was told September 19th would be the earliest time new phones would trickle in to Verizon and other US carriers.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

My second conversation with Verizon. 

Chat Transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
CanSan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got off the phone with Samsung and they confirmed that the Note 7 replacement phones are shipping now and would be available at Verizon stores as early as next week, but no later than the week of 9/19.  The rep also said that, if for some reason, replacement phones didn't make it in advance of September 30th, which isn't likely, that all I would need to do is exchange it directly through Samsung at no cost.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I got different  information  from Verizon  this morning.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Which was?

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

The general  manager of the store said his daily briefing said to hold steady.  He had a Note 7 in his pocket and said he is waiting for information for his own exchange, in which there was currently no timeframes being given to the store.  

But pherson, you could always just spin the csr roulette and contact Verizon 2 or 3 times your self, and see how inconsistent the answers really are for your personal experience. 

pherson
Champion - Level 1

No need.

I dont have a Note 7 so I could care less.

There are a number of reasons why there are inconsistancies-

1. Employees on vacation coming back.

2. High call volumes preventing meeting with employees.

3. Employees not having a chance to read their email.

4. Employees not knowing what exactly to say.

5. The iPhone launch unfortunately is king.

6. Samsung not even knowing the direct timeframe and so trickle bits and pieces of info.

But unfortunately people don't understand that these things happen and are impatient irritated and etc without realizing that these things happen.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

The easiest solution to this whole problem would have been for Verizon to simply have "A Plan" and put it out to their customers (and no, what they have put out is not a plan). Rather you ordered it online or purchased it in store, a simple plan telling their customers that this is the plan to get a new Note 7 when they come out is all I want to know. PERIOD!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

They cannot have "A PLAN" if they themselves havent been communicated to properly by Samsung. All the carriers have that issue.

0 Likes