Note 7 Recall Details
cehogan483
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless,

Could you please provide more clarification to your Note 7 owners regarding the recall.  Below are my specific questions.

1) Your announcement sounds like I can only downgrade my phone.  Are there any options that Verizon is offering for those of us who simply want to exchange our phones for a new Note 7 or are you going to force us to go through Samsung for that?

2) If we go through Samsung to get a new phone what steps will we need to take to ensure our accounts reflect the correct IMEI?  Will that simply change once we insert the SIM card?

3) Lastly, are you offering Note 7 accessory returns?  I have seen no mention of it but it seems odd considering AT&T and T-Mobile are both allowing their customers to return accessories.

Just to be clear AT&T and T-Mobile are allowing users to get the $25 Samsung apology, a new phone and a refund on accessories, but it sounds like Verizon is forcing us to downgrade our phone and receive $25 only for new accessories.  I am not use to Verizon doing stuff like this but clarification would be nice so that I can figure out what I need to do.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (1)
Re: Note 7 Recall Details
sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to add another question: How will the exchange be handled when the original Note 7 was purchased directly through verizonwireless.com? Can we expect a replacement device to be shipped so we can use smart switch to set up new device and return original or be without a phone until the new one comes? I no longer have access to my S6 edge+ as another family member now uses it and their phone is no longer working.

WestVirginiaHillbilly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree with Chris. This does sound like that our only option is to downgrade. This is the phone I bought. I bought mine online as well and there is no instruction for this.

What is there that is the equivalent to this? I went through the options. I didn't want anything else but this. There is no option where you can come out with a replaced Note 7?

Frustrating... I bought Accessories but I didnt buy them through Verizon.

I just want my Note 7.

Heather

3ON4OFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too would like to know why other carriers such as Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T have already sent out specific notification to Note 7 owners about returning the phone for a replacement Note 7

I went to the Verizon store and was told I can only exchange my Note 7 for another note 7 before Sept. 30th.....WHAT?

What happens if there are no replacements by Sept. 30th? What happens if I'm out of town? 

This is ridiculous.

If I have a NOTE 7, I should be able to exchange it for a New Note 7 at MY CONVENIENCE once replacements are available.

Why is Verizon not sending this out to people who paid almost $900 for a phone?

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon,  I just got a text message saying I need to return my phone by September 30 to waive restocking fees? 

Does this announcement supersede the message I got from Samsung stating my phone will be replaced within 2 weeks with a new Note 7?

I want to know if I wait for my replacement phone if my opportunity to move to another device will expire if Samsung takes longer than the stated 2 weeks?

Does the return waiving restock fees your offered via text include accessories?  I have $200 worth of cables,  cases,  docks,  and mobile chargers that are pretty much specific to the Note 7.  If I moved to a S7 it is not USB-C, so all the new cables are for nothing.

I'd like some answers please.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Announcement

In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are launching an exchange program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We are offering this exchange because your safety and peace of mind is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we ask that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Product Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (as early as next week).
  2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and we’ll replace any Note7 specific accessories and give you a refund for the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

Galaxy Note7

Exchange Process

Galaxy Note7 owners can contact or visit the retail outlet where they purchased their device. If you bought your Note7 from Samsung.com, you should contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and we can help you. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

So Verizon,  can I exchange my N7 for a N7 or not?

Vaporsilver
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about those of us who ordered online and not at a retail store?

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

That's why I'm asking,  I pre-ordered the first day available for pre-order online.

I spoke with Samsung,  the CSR kept telling me the exchange would be handled thru my carrier. 

Just got off the line with Verizon,  they are sending me a return bag,  but said that more details will be sent to me when replacements are available.

So basically I'm holding onto this N7 until I know a true answer.   My phone does get very hot while charging,  so hopefully we get real answers soon.

Vaporsilver
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too ordered first day; thankfully mine doesn't get hot.

I'll still have to stop in to the closest retailer just to have a chat.