Re: Note 5 battery drain/slow to no charge
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do the factory reset but after it boots up power off and clear the cache again

0 Likes
SHERHO80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went into- settings- battery- and toggled the "Fast cable charging" option off/on and now it's fast charging.    We will see how long it will continue to work.

0 Likes
OhNo_NotAgain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chances are the new update is the problem. Under the update, my plugged in phone can, at best, maintain the battery's existing charge level when I am using a navigation App while driving. Often, the battery continues to drain. Previously the battery would charge to 100% from wherever it was when I started the drive and remain there until disconnected. I have been doing the same drive under the same conditions weekly for months. I have added nothing new to my phone. The problem is the update. Updates should improve the phone, and this is not an improvement. Verizon fail!

wendyz1

I have a note 5 and an s6 edge+ both doing the same thing after last update. I loke someone else here use my phone all day long for work. Its just rude to say people are using it for fb. I use mine because i am a technician for att. I told them if they didnt resolve my issue i was going to switch to att. They swapped both out since they are under warranty. If you do the same i reccomend not installing latest update as that is what caused the issue on 2 of my phones.

0 Likes
lindamcd
Contributor - Level 1

Bareone, you are SO helpful! Thank you SO much for that obviously; spontaneous, rude and completely useless tip. If you can't help; please, just move on. My phone is not the same phone since Sept. 8, with the update. If your NOTE 5 is working as good as ever...hey! I am happy for you. But please don't dismiss our legitimate concerns; issues. 

0 Likes
HIGHTECHGEEK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know the original poster said they wiped their cache partition and it didn't work for them.

But I wanted to share with others...

I called Samsung and they said they were getting tons of calls on this update. They walked me through the fix.

1, Turn off the phone.

2. Hold these 3 buttons at the same time to turn the phone on (Power+Volume up+Home button).

You should eventually see a boot menu, all text. You can use the volume up and down to move through the menu.

3. Highlight the "Wipe Cache Partition" and select it by pressing the Power button.

It will then tell you "wipe complete" and then ask you to reboot.

After this, my phone was working again!

Samsung said you wouldn't normally wipe this cache partition (this is not the Application Caches on the phone) as it holds system files and logs that technicians can use for troubleshooting, but it's safe to wipe it after a system update.

I just wanted to say this worked for me and Samsung said it was the official fix. No user data or settings are lost.

RetiredPC_Lady69
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note 5 died just about 2 weeks ago. I experienced no glitches or any other issue. Just died and would take no recharge at all. Called Verizon and they sent me a brand new one, no charge and overnight. 

0 Likes
fantasy6
Enthusiast - Level 2

So when you did this all apps, contacts pix etc stayed on phone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unlike a factory data reset, a system cache clear doesn't remove personal data.

0 Likes