Note 4 update to Marshmallow, now I cant access phone from desktop to remove pics
yumazona
Enthusiast - Level 1

Note 4 was updated to Marshmallow on 6/14/16 and now when I plug phone in to desktop it shows up only as a portable media player and I cannot access my pics.  It was fine just hours before the update.  The directory of portable media player is empty.  I removed the SD card and was able to access it normally then in the adapter.  Not acceptable.  If I have to do a factory reset then Samsung is history at first opportunity.  Too many issues, I have already gone through 5 batteries in only 18 months.  So tell me there is an easy fix please.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 4 update to Marshmallow, now I cant access phone from desktop to remove pics
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow update, the USB mode default is charge only.  Pull down the notification shade,  tap the notification that says Connected for Charging, then change it to Transferring Media Files.

View solution in original post

Re: Note 4 update to Marshmallow, now I cant access phone from desktop to remove pics
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Marshmallow update, the USB mode default is charge only.  Pull down the notification shade,  tap the notification that says Connected for Charging, then change it to Transferring Media Files.

yumazona
Enthusiast - Level 1

Perfect!  That was the quick fix I was looking for.  Thank you.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes