Note 4 note recognized by PC
Cart1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Note 4. My pc stopped recognizing it. I have tried all the options I could find to work out a solution. I have soft and hard reset the phone, i have tried OEM and aftermarket cords, I put the codes in the dialer, I have tried developers option with and without usb debugging. My pc recognizes all other phones plugged into it. I have tried plugging my phone into about 6 other pcs and nothing. I even have went as far as resetting my pc to factory original state. I have tried other SD cards and nothing. I went to the Verizon Store and they told me I needed to bring my PC in so they could check it, i told them the pc is not the problem, I can bring it in but what is it going to show you, it doesnt recognize the phone, no computer recognizes the phone. I should have stated i have tried new and old drivers and still no bueno. Should I take my laptop in?

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 note recognized by PC
Snn5
Legend

And you tried the alternate USB modes like Mass Storage, MTP, etc....?

Cart1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thats one of the problems, there is no way to select it. When plugged into the computer, the phone only shows charging. I found dialer codes that was supposed to bring up the option but neither worked. Its not an option in any of the settings and is supposed to come up when it detects connection to computer but it just starts charging and nothing else.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't tell from your description, but did you uninstall the drivers completely from the computer and replugging in the phone to force the computer to install the drivers fresh again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes