Note 4 issues with lollipop update
MissTJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just updated to lollipop this week and absolutely loathe it.  Will someone please tell me how to switch the following:

• The 'Verizon Wireless' in the top left notification bar. I want to actually see the notification icons on the notifications bar while the lock screen is on like I did before, not the VZW.  How can this be disabled and the icons enabled again?
  • The new notifications settings on the lock screen. All I want is the text message preview on the lock screen like I had prior to the lollipop update. I have that option set in the messages settings to display the preview on the lock screen, but now this new notifications option with lollipop has messed that up. If I set the notifications to 'do not show notifications' (because I don't care to see a preview of facebook posts, wifi available, etc.), the text message setting to display the preview on the lock screen is seemingly overridden by the 'do not show notifications'. How can I get it back to just showing the text preview on the lock screen without showing me every other notification?
  • The battery drains so ridiculously fast now. I haven't changed my usage pattern since the update, so what is causing this?
  • Text message chime/vibrate doesn't work when in the text message convo window. When texting back and forth with someone within the conversation window, the phone doesn't alert me to a new message, so if I set the phone down while still in that window and the person texts back, I have no idea that a new text came through because the phone doesn't sound or vibrate. This is a serious design flaw that I experienced before the update and was hopeful the lollipop update would fix that, but no change. Is there a fix in the works for this?  It's incredibly annoying and cumbersome to have to back out of the conversation window just to be alerted to a new message.
  • Can you uninstall this update and go back to the previous OS?  I don't even enjoy my phone anymore with all of these horrible tweaks in lollipop.
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 4 issues with lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want you to enjoy using your phone. As for the battery life, Have you tried to test the device in Safe mode http://vz.to/1HCpKdi Once the phone is in Safe Mode test it for 24 hrs and allow it to charge. Keep us posted with the details. In regards to the update, we're unaware of any changes coming but as soon as find out details we'll share the information with our customers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

yes, lollipop is pretty awful!

smoovnerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if this update was causing the same issues as have been reported on the Galaxy S5 and seems that they are.  We have four Note 4 phones that are asking to be updated, but have held off as we do not want the issues that the S5 has.  Does anyone know, or can Verizon pipe in and let us know if and when this will be fixed.  Also, do we have to install the update to get to 5.01?  Thanks!

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I'm with you.  I'm very disappointed with the  lollipop update.  It removed functionality, customization and reduced the battery life in my Note 4.  Keep putting off that update as long as you can.

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

Thank You for posting this.  I am having the exact same feelings and would like to go back to KitKat as well.  You described the issues very well, clear and exact.  Hopefully Verizon does something about this ASAP

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I completely disagree the battery life to me is a little better in my opinion and the processing speed is also better. As for the notifications you can still have it displayed on your phone but the only difference is it will be on the screen not on the bar where it says Verizon wireless. To do this go to settings then to sounds and notifications and the while locked. There you will have three options. Do not show notifications is basically what it says you will not see notifications in lock screen but will once you unlock it. Next is hide sensitive content, this option will let you know you got a text but not say what the text says or whom it is from it will show text message and say content sensitive. The last one on the top will show you got a message and who it is from but not the message or really depending on your messaging app and the settings for it. If you use the Verizon Meassging app it can be set to show you who it is from and the message if you want that is all up to you though. But for lolipop yes it has some issues but overall I think it is an improvement with errors like any new OS has and will get better. Just be patient.

0 Likes
Zibiya
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having issues with updates not downloading and finishing the update. 

I can still run the apps but i canot get them to update... If i delete and redownload i will lose my game info...

So not happy i have tried both google play and amazon and neither will update.  I tried shutting down for a bit and reloading with no improvement.

And while i can deal with the rest.. This is driving me nuts because it the phone keeps trying to update  them and sucking wifi/battery to do it.

And clogging up my notification panel as well to tell me about it. Ugh...

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

I have found one place to get apps not available in google play in 1mobile market and can update your apps for you. You can try that but I have not tried it but do not know if  it will help you.

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I'm glad to hear that your battery life is better in your opinion, but I have noticed for a fact that my battery is draining much faster than it was on KitKat.  I also know exactly what the current notification options are and I don't like them.   I don't think anyone is asking "how do I put up with this new annoying notification feature?", what they are saying is "this new notification functionality sucks and I want it to work as it did before."

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want you phone to be in tip top shape jrey03! When did you do the update? I do know it does take 5 days to normalize. Have you updated all your applications on your phone? I recommend http://spr.ly/6584flE0 wiping the cache partition on the device and this will improve your battery life.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes