Note 4 all of a sudden very slow and unresponsive
kingsxman
Enthusiast - Level 1

All of a sudden yesterday my note 4 became randomly unresponsive.  Loading apps are slow,  cant get phone off screen saver, or cant get screen saver to even show so I can put in password.  I received a software update on 4/18 to latest version but there were no issues until yesterday.  I havent loaded any new apps or anything either.   I suppose its possible that a previously installed app updated..but not sure.

How can I check if an exsting app update is causing this problem, or if its something related to the new IOS version I got on the 18th?

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 all of a sudden very slow and unresponsive
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, Kingsxman. Thanks for reaching out to the community. We definitely want to find out why your phone has suddenly started malfunctioning. Did you make any other changes to your phone or download any new applications when this started? Have you checked your storage?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 all of a sudden very slow and unresponsive
kingsxman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  There were no changes.   Thats why this was so odd.   No inappropriate surfing on any sites that may have left a virus, etc.   I got the IOS upgrade on the 18th and this started on the 23rd.   I have gone through and removed the last few apps that i had installed but none of them were installed after the IOS upgrade happened.   I've booted into safe mode and still experience issues...although not quite as bad.  The phone has been rebooting multiple times now each day in addition to locking up.   Storage seems fine.  7 gig available.   

I am assuming I may have to do a factory reset but am not sure.  Any more help would be great.

thx

0 Likes