Note 4 - Marshmallow
devodl

Verizon Samsung Note 4 (SM-N910V) - Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

Will Marshmallow ever arrive for the Verizon Note 4?  Probably but they are taking way too long.

Sprint does a better job than Verizon  http://www.mobipicker.com/sprint-rolls-android-6-0-1-marshmallow-update-samsung-galaxy-note-4/

but the update still arrives much later than Nexus.

Any suggestions for how to get Verizon to speed up deployment of the newer OS?

Perhaps dumping the Verizon bloatware and running native Android?

How have you solved this problem? Installed Cyanogen?

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 - Marshmallow
Snn5
Legend

devodl wrote:

Verizon Samsung Note 4 (SM-N910V) - Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

Will Marshmallow ever arrive for the Verizon Note 4?  Probably but they are taking way too long.

Sprint does a better job than Verizon  http://www.mobipicker.com/sprint-rolls-android-6-0-1-marshmallow-update-samsung-galaxy-note-4/

but the update still arrives much later than Nexus.

Maybe Sprint does or doesn't do a better job, but users over there are fussing just the same.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Devodl, thanks for reaching out with your software concerns. We take a great deal of care and consideration in doing software updates, due to them causing issues when not done correctly. Our number one priority is that our family members are happy with service, and this cannot be done without a great working phone.

We thank you for your patience. The update will come for you.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to us >> http://vz.to/1YwczP3

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
glns

So Verizon what is the ETA for MM coming to Note 4??

0 Likes
erickr

Can we know an aproximate date for the update for the Galaxy note 4? today was just release for the S6 i'd really like that you can proof that Verizon is the best Carrier by simply releasing the update before April 10th.

0 Likes
daimien
Enthusiast - Level 3

They will never tell us or it is "we don't know"

0 Likes
Lolivet24

It's 4/2. Are we getting it or not? What's the word?

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

the sprint variant only go screen write and expanded spen app but not much else some changes to app look and better battery usage but no themes or other things like the note 5 but any update will work better 5.1.1 lollipop..

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

You take a great deal of care, eh? Is it going to be like the great deal of care given to the Android 5.0(.1) update? How about the minor, but obvious bugs in 5.1.1?

VHP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm done with Samsung phones and Verizon.  My next phone will be a Nexus.  The Marshmallow update fiasco for the Note 4 killed any interest I have in the new S7.  It's almost made me want to switch back to an iPhone...hmmmm  not really.