Re: Note 4 Bluetooth and battery issues after 5.1.1 update n910vvru2bpa1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eq0120, as a heavy user myself, I understand the importance of having a working phone with a great charge. I know that warranty for the actual battery typically is only for one year. Is it safe to assume that the device is older than one year? With new updates to the device comes differences in way the phone functions. Have you tried or considered doing a master reset on the device? http://vz.to/1Lbn9nI

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eq0120
Enthusiast - Level 1

I performed a master reset, erased a lot of apps, and also multiple Bluetooth devices. Everything was working fine before the second build of 5.1.1. I even replaced the battery with a brand new one, which by the way I got for free from a sprint dealer, and Verizon wanted to charge me for even though I pay additional for insurance and warranty every month.

The phone has been a nightmare ever since 5.0.1 update, which Verizon had thousands of complaints about, and dragged their feet fixing regardless of the awful experience that customers were having.

The original build of 5.1.1 was working great, again only until a second build was sent out, and now it seems like we will have to love with this for an untold amount of time until Verizon recognizes that their build is what's causing the problems and not different apps or user error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eq0120,

Software updates are not supposed to cause headaches with your device. Let's figure out how we can resolve this so that you can get back to normal. When you did the master reset, did you test your device to see if the battery or bluetooth improved prior to reinstalling 3rd party apps? Also, have you attempted a software repair to ensure a clean install of the update by using the Software Repair Assistant http://vz.to/1JFRTCF ?

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OUTCASTED2003
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's solition is always about not installing apps. The note 4 sucks plain and simple! I am on my 6th note 4 now, over heating, terrible battery life and random black screens and shutdowns! I have bought 2 brand new OEM batteries and have ran the phones on stock bloat and always the same results. Now if the solution is always not to install apps then what is the sense of owning a smart phone??? Samsung abd Verizon are both epic failures with this phone! Best thing to do is either get rid of the note 4 or go to a different carrier and get new phones and better customer service!

eq0120
Enthusiast - Level 1

very true, or at least this is what i have been noticing from verizon. It's a shame where this company was and where it seems that its going

0 Likes
phlebvam1

When I updated my Note 4, it was great. I didn't have any issues until late last week when my phone does not pick up all of my calls (phone does not ring). I get a beep on my phone before I have to restart my phone a couple times a day to get the calls I missed. This includes calls, visual voice mail and sometimes text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your software update is always provided to enhance service on your device and not hinder it phlebvam1. Its upsetting to us to hear you're now having issues with service but we are her to provide you with some trouble-shooting steps to help get this resolved. Have you added any new apps since the issue started? Do you have issues with calls inside or outside your home? What is your zip code?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
phlebvam1

My zip code is 30022. It doesn't matter where I'm at. I have to restart my phone several times a day to get any calls that may have not come through. I get a chirp when I received a call that did not come through. Now, this is for the 5.1.1 update.

0 Likes
phlebvam1

another issue I have been having with my note is that I have to keep signing into my Samsung account on my phone. These issues are at random. for one or 2 days my phone won't ring, then on the next day I have to sign into my Samsung account and 3, my battery is draining a lot faster with this latest update. I used to be able to get through the day with very minimal game playing, texting and talking and now it will drain in a few hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have the best device experience at all times. What does the signal show consistently during this time? Are data services working at the same time? When checking Settings>Battery/Power, what are the main applications or processes using the power?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes