Note 4 Bluetooth and battery issues after 5.1.1 update n910vvru2bpa1
kevinzzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I took the n910vvru2bpa1 OTA update on 2/13, and since then I have noticed two major issues:

1) Battery life is significantly decreased. Before the update I could usually go to 11PM without hitting 20%. Now by 7PM the phone is chirping and says low battery. Of course the Battery control panel top items are super [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] vague, "Android System" at 11%, "Cell Standby" 7%, "Android OS" 6%, "Google Play Services" 6% all ahead of the Screen at 4%. Before the update I had WiFi and Location on all the time, which I need to keep. I do NOT have facebook installed/running.

2) Bluetooth performance. Before the update, my headset (LG HBS750) had pretty good range (20 feet?) Now I'm only a few feet away and the sound is choppy/buzzy/intermittent.

And I'm going to vent AGAIN that I HATE that I have no choice to take a software update, and if I do and have issues, there is no way to go back. If I can't figure this out I'm leaving VZ so I can be on a carrier where I have some control over this essential piece of my life. I thought I was past the time in my life where I had  the time and willingness to maintain a rooted phone, but it's obvious that's the only way I'll be happy and that won't ever happen on VZ.

0 Likes
Re: Note 4 Bluetooth and battery issues after 5.1.1 update n910vvru2bpa1
eq0120
Enthusiast - Level 1

same problems here. My phone was working great after the original 5.1.1 N910vvru2bok3 update, but than after the last update everything went downhill again. Battery drains, bluetooth isn't working good, wifi is shaky. It almost seems like verizon intentionally pushes out updates to try and break our phones

0 Likes
jsabeh

Same problem here, I used to go two days of little use before 5.1.1 update, now I am lucky to get 8 hours.   I have played the game and done a factory reset and, wiped the cache but none of this helps.  I stopped in the Verizon store in Poway, CA and the guy behind the counter said he got an email that indicated there is a problem with the Verizon update that they are working to fix and to wait a week before coming in to indicate the problem was still there.  if there is an update coming I wish Verizon would bite the bullet and let us know they screwed up the update and when the fix would be available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the feedback from all of you. These are concerns that we certainly want to lift up to the software team & Samsung.

How quickly is the battery draining after a full charge?

Is the bluetooth affected on more than 1 bluetooth capable device? I know kevinzzz says it is choppy & buzzing. Are you all also experiencing the same things?

How about WiFi on various WiFi connections? What does it do?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
eq0120
Enthusiast - Level 1

battery is draining about 10-15% faster then the original 5.1.1 update.

i have multiple bluetooth headsets (jaybird, motorola, in car bluetooth) and they randomly disconnect, which stopped happening after the original 5.1.1 update, but started again after the new build of 5.1.1 was sent out.

Wifi single is weak and randomly disconnects, again stopped doing that after the original 5.1.1 update, but started happening again after the current 5.1.1 update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eq0120,

I know battery performance is always a concern as well. That is a significant drop off. Have there been any new apps since the update? Have you tried removing all the bluetooth connections? Try having only one setup and see if issue still exists?

If Bluetooth is off, do you have the same issues with WiFi?
DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

same problem battery drains fast no new apps downloaded and pulled battery factory reset and still drains fast even with battery saver on, charging pretty much all day sometime with heavy usage.

0 Likes
eq0120
Enthusiast - Level 1

I performed a master reset, erased a lot of apps, and also multiple Bluetooth devices. Everything was working fine before the second build of 5.1.1. I even replaced the battery with a brand new one, which by the way I got for free from a sprint dealer, and Verizon wanted to charge me for even though I pay additional for insurance and warranty every month. 

The phone has been a nightmare ever since 5.0.1 update, which Verizon had thousands of complaints about, and dragged their feet fixing regardless of the awful experience that customers were having.

The original build of 5.1.1 was working great, again only until a second build was sent out, and now it seems like we will have to love with this for an untold amount of time until Verizon recognizes that their build is what's causing the problems and not different apps or user error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cchamp77,

Having a reliable batter is crucial. My phone is my only phone, so I understand the importance. Help is here.

How long is your battery lasting you? Describe what your normal activity on your device is on a daily basis, so I have a better understanding of what you are working with.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
eq0120
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am a moderate/heavy user. I make around 10-15 calls a day, 30-40 emails, 100 texts a day. before the original 5.1.1 build i was charging my phone 3 times a day, after the original 5.1.1 update my battery was working great and lasting me at least an entire day. Now after the new build my battery is draining at the same previous rate, and i am having to charge it around 3 times a day. I Went to get a new battery and was told i had to pay for it even though i pay for the warranty/insurance through verizon because my battery was a couple weeks out of warranty. Why am i paying for additional warranty if im not getting the warranty coverage?

i was actually able to get a free replacement battery from Sprint, and not my service provider verizon which i pay.

0 Likes