Re: Note 3 problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, Jim!

Are you using any type of glove or case with your Note 3?  If so, please test the device without the case.  Let me know if signal improves.

I'd also like to know has your SIM Card been replaced since this issue began?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
y2krebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar issue here - just after Kit Kat upgrade.  Looking at options to drop either Verizon / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or both.

0 Likes
Jordanwz

jcverros,

I had the same issue and I went into settings and my network mode was on global!! I changed it to LTE/CDMA phone has been fine ever since! I do know that it is a common complaint about reception with the note 3 depending on where you live! Hope I could be of some help!

settings

more networks

mobile networks

network mode......LTE/CDMA

0 Likes
y2krebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks - I have it on LTE / CDMA and been experimenting with Global when in rural areas just to see but then Google maps looses track of me and can't log in again. It is just frustrating - my old Blackberry works better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

y2krebel,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with your Note 3. We want you to be able to have dependable reception on your device. Since the software update have you tried removing and reinserting your SIM? http://vz.to/1taLpiO Have you had your SIM replaced since the software update?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
twoodman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any real evidence that replacing or removing the SIM card will do anything at all? From reading the posts on this forum, I suspect not. Does ANYONE have a solution to this problem other than paying a small fortune for a different phone or switching providers?

0 Likes
y2krebel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there, I've tried all the troubleshooting tips as noted with no luck.  Really seems to be related to the KitKat upgrade - Google maps keeps loosing track of GPS (and my account) - even with several bars of signal.  I used to like the phone - not any more.  The reason to buy this type of phone is because all the features - most importantly GPS/maps and good reception which are now gone.  Might as well us an old not so smart phone.  Verizon needs to put presusr on Google/Android to fix the problems.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Wait for another update

0 Likes