No wifi
Webworks
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of returning from an out of state trip, my WIFI will not turn on.

When I press the WIFI icon the color changes to a dim green but the WIFI does not actually turn on. I have also navigated to the WIFI menu and tried to turn on the WIFI via the slider, the slider moves to the on position however the slider does not turn green to indicate WIFI is on.

I checked our other Note 3 phones but their WIFI works fine.

I used the Verizon software upgrade assistant and it said I was up to date...

I also used the repair assistant and preformed a hard reset and still no luck.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: No wifi
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you able to delete your cache and data for Wi-Fi? Or at least the cache.

0 Likes
Webworks
Enthusiast - Level 2

MiiHere

OK, wiped the cache partition, still cant turn on WIFI Smiley Sad

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you do the data you will lose all the previous saved passwords; which can be a drawback if you have a lot of them stored and will eventually need to ask for the passwords from everyone again. If you only have your own password, delete the cache, delete the data and restart your device.

0 Likes
Webworks
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I clear it?

0 Likes
Webworks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just so we aren't on the wrong topic, this is not a wifi connection issue... The wifi will not turn on... at all.

MiiHere

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I understand. I'm just starting with the basics. I'm not sure you'll find a Wi-Fi app / driver on your device, but the point of clearing it's cache and data is to hopefully make it function properly.

on the S5 I find it under settings>application>application manager>all (scroll left to all) and then you'll need to see what sort of wi-fi options you have.

The only other open I can think is to clear cache for everything, I do this by going to settings>storage OR by doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
Webworks
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, thanks, there is no clear way to delete that data, I spent some time looking online for that option on the Note 3 and didnt come up with anything

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You may be down to doing a factory reset. Just rember to back up all important documents etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that WIFI turning on again. From the sounds of it, it's likely a hardware issue. You've done everything possible to rule out software and apps. Please be on the lookout for a Private Message so we can better assist.

LynnE_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes