New device with new plan not receiving any verification messages.
Carbs_Loading
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like the dozens of other similar complaints on here, I am not receiving any verification message from the multitude of apps that have worked perfectly for years on other devices on T-Mo.  I've wasted a lot of time so far with the in-app chat to Verizon support who can't look beyond the apps needing verification.  This is not a problem with the billion dollar apps used by millions of people daily, it is a problem with the Verizon service.  This is not a problem with a 3rd party app not reading an SMS message, it is a problem with a device on the Verizon network that is not receiving these messages.  

I am opted in to premium SMS services. I've tried removing all messaging apps except Verizon's Messages+ so there is no conflict.  

A quick google search shows this is not the weird one-off problem Verizon support made it out to be, so I really would like a solution because right now I'm thinking I should have stayed on T-Mo with my old phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New device with new plan not receiving any verification messages.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the port process on that particular feature have gotten hung up in transfer? You might want to call the port center and verify the port is fully complete. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Carbs_Loading
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've contacted VZW support twice and they've spent ages checking the account. They also said that if it was a porting issue I wouldn't receive any SMS messages at all. 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what worked with other phones on t-mobile doesn't mean they'll work with verizon, on the phone you're using.

0 Likes
Carbs_Loading
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ isn't able to receive shortcode texts on the Verizon network, then I think there would have been a bigger stink about it by now. 

0 Likes