New Software update N950USQS5CRK1 compromised mobile network. Is there a way to uninstall the update?
brenae21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my software as soon as available early morning today (December 13). Now, I cannot connect to mobile internet, although wifi, calling, and texting are all working fine. I have restarted in safe mode and the connectivity is no different - still none. Is there a way to uninstall the update?

0 Likes
Re: New Software update N950USQS5CRK1 compromised mobile network. Is there a way to uninstall the update?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't uninstall updates.  Updates sometimes change things; have you ensured that the network settings are for LTE/CDMA?  Have you tried turning off the phone and removing the SIM card for a few minutes?  I'm assuming you've double-checked that mobile data is turned on?

Re: New Software update N950USQS5CRK1 compromised mobile network. Is there a way to uninstall the update?
brenae21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was set to "Global" for the network - I've now changed it to LTE/CDMA. So far, no change in connectivity. Since calling and texting are still working, do I really need to remove the SIM card? And yes, mobile data is on.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Removing/reinserting the SIM card is a simple troubleshooting step that usually takes less than 10 minutes to do.

brenae21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I don't trust myself so I'll go into a Verizon store for that. Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We always want you to have the connection that you need and are sorry to hear that this began after an update.These updates are created to add benefit to your service not take it away. In reviewing this device, we have not received any alerts that this issue is arising for others. With this said, we will want to focus on your device. Tiki bar1 has provided great steps to get your phone back on track. If you have removed and reinstalled that SIM and do not see any change in that connection, please go to the Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Data Roaming Access and ensure that the Allow access for all trips is on. Also, let's make certain that there is no data limit set on the phone that would be preventing this. Please go to the Settings, Connections, Data Usage, Billing cycle and data warning, and ensure that the switch for Limit mobile data usage is set to off. Other than the software update, do you recall adding any new apps or games?

LorenB_VZW    

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!