New OTA and now a phone with a problem
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a perfect phone in every way.  Finally got tired of being nagged to install the latest update and, not being able to find a way to get the popups to stop, gave in and installed it.  Now my previously perfect Note 3 periodically reboots on its own.  Just sitting on the table and I will see it rebooting.  Anyone else have this problem after the OTA update?  I wish I could have choosen to not install the software since I happy with the device as it was.  Now I have to go through a complicated process to try and fix this.

0 Likes
Re: New OTA and now a phone with a problem
mikebbass
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem and its getting worse. the phone reboots, or just shuts itself down entirely and only removing the battery and putting it back in lets me get the phone back on. I have tried deleting the cache and restoring the phone to stock from the recovery menu with no luck.

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

I had a similar problem and turned out it was a bowling game that I downloaded from the app store that my phone didn't like. Things have been good since I uninstalled it.

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine started immediately after installing the update.  Nothing else on the phone changed.

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  A couple of days ago I took the battery out over night and then reset the phone.  So far no reboots.  But what a pain to have to set everything up again.  No way that should be required to make an update work correctly.

I have noticed that since the update I get fewer bars when connected to data.  Still works ok, but where I used to always have full bars, now I have one or two.

0 Likes