New Note 3: No data service on device, though voice/text working
pjwjager
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received my Note 3 yesterday via Fedex, charged to full battery and turned it on. It then began the process of activating my phone automatically, which I believe was successful because I can send/receive calls and text messages. However, data doesn't appear to be working--won't load google homepage, won't allow me to set up my gmail/good account or even select a city to display on the default weather widget. Sometimes, after trying to establish a connection, it brings up the WiFi selection menu so I can sign on to a local network--I'd rather address the issue, but thanks anyway. I have also tried using *228, but it says my service/roaming capabilities were updated when I activated my new sim card(I am guessing the one that came pre-installed on the Note 3, as I never had a sim card with Verizon before). There is no way it is my current location/coverage, as yesterday I had perfectly working 3G data on an old DroidX. I am also in a large metropolitan area (literally downtown, or center city, Philadelphia) so coverage should be dense and robust, like it has been before.

Anyone have any suggestions or insight in to this problem? Could it be due to something like not having had my upgrade to a 4G connection within my plan activated on their (Verizon's) end? I only say this because as I was upgrading my phone, I noticed that this was added to the features of my plan (my Droid X didn't support 4G).

If someone could enlighten me in any way, I would appreciate it. Right now, I am at work so I cannot spend several hours on the phone with Verizon support (as I did on Friday for 3+ hours (over several separate calls), 90% of which was spent on hold. Otherwise, I do have about an hour window from 3:45-4:45 where I can try to give them a call.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, advice, help, support, suggestions or aid given toward the resolution of this issue. Enjoy your day, everyone.

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Note 3: No data service on device, though voice/text working
pjwjager
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, issue resolved itself with a reboot of the phone. I hope this is not a sign of difficulties to come because I do recall the data working w/o requiring a reboot around 2:00 AM last night (this morning, technically).

Also, the Note 3 looks great and everything--pretty light as well--but just a little too large. I did stop by a Verizon store to play with one prior to ordering it, but the anti-theft leash and attachment piece definitely prevented me from attempting various one-handed tasks. Oh well, caveat emptor I suppose.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Note 3: No data service on device, though voice/text working
pjwjager
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, issue resolved itself with a reboot of the phone. I hope this is not a sign of difficulties to come because I do recall the data working w/o requiring a reboot around 2:00 AM last night (this morning, technically).

Also, the Note 3 looks great and everything--pretty light as well--but just a little too large. I did stop by a Verizon store to play with one prior to ordering it, but the anti-theft leash and attachment piece definitely prevented me from attempting various one-handed tasks. Oh well, caveat emptor I suppose.

0 Likes