Need to stay plugged in, or infinite reboot loop
rhooks90

Okay, so this issue has been going on for a bit now with moderate frustration. My Note 4 used to cut off automatically for no reason around 20% battery, but as of recent, its been increasing. Well, I woke up today to a 100% charged phone, and roughly 6 minutes after taking my phone off of the charger, the infinite reboot loop kicked in. Now, in order to use it, it needs to be plugged into the charger 100% of the time. I have the $11 coverage that covers about everything, but I am unsure how to go about fixing this issue. I've attempted to troubleshoot in every way I know how, but to no avail. I'd appreciate some assistance in this matter. It's truly a shame, as I bought the phone brand new in 12/2014. I've had the phone for a little over a year, and I honestly don't believe an issue should have come up this quickly. Quite ridiculous.

I'd be appreciative on any assistance I may receive.

0 Likes
Re: Need to stay plugged in, or infinite reboot loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected to a charger at all times is no way to use your phone, rhooks90. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Does your device have the latest software installed? If not, please install any available updates by going to Settings>System Updates. If you do not have an update available, I would recommend backing up your content and using our software repair tool. http://spr.ly/6581Bkkov

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

Mine was starting to cut out around 40% remaining lately. Try buying a new battery. They run for as low as $4.99 on ebay. Hooray for replaceable batteries!

0 Likes
omarit2k

Rhooks90, you are not alone.  Myself and many others are having the same issue.  Your description was perfect to how my phone started to fail.  20%, then 40%, then 65%, then dead.  To answer the Verizon Reps question, I did a factory reset from the phone first and it did not help.  I then went into the recovery to wipe and reset as well, still no change.  I then tried to plug the phone into my computer to back it up or run updates, but the power from my PC will not keep the phone on.  I do believe the update may have fried the battery somehow because Verizon sent a replacement and I had the same results, continuous boot loop as soon as I powered it on for the first time.  They are sending me a replacement with a new battery to try tomorrow.  WOW, now I just got a confirmation email that they are sending me an S5, hopefully it's a typo.  Calling you now Verizon.

P.S.

For backup issues, you may have to get a sizable microSD card, plug in the phone to keep it from rebooting, and then transfer your data using My Files or another file manager app.

0 Likes