Move apps from one app screen to another?
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

I know I can move a copy of an app onto my home screen, but what I'd like to do is move my apps from one app screen to another, in order to arrange them in a way which makes sense to me: for example, all the music apps on one line of the same page.  As it is now, I have four app screens, three of which are only about half filled, and the fourth almost completely filled, and I know if I install another three or four apps, the software will start another page rather than putting the apps on unused space on any of the first three screens.  Is there a way to force apps from one app screen to another?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Move apps from one app screen to another?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have a s7 edge and all you have to do on that is hold your finger on the icon and move it up or over to the edge to change the screen. If you have too many screens if you tap and hold  the screen in a bare spot you can flick thru your screens to the last one that is empty  and push it up to the trash can that says remove.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have a s7 edge and all you have to do on that is hold your finger on the icon and move it up or over to the edge to change the screen. If you have too many screens if you tap and hold  the screen in a bare spot you can flick thru your screens to the last one that is empty  and push it up to the trash can that says remove.

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Kathy, I should have been specific about my phone...  It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  Yes, if I hold my finger on an app icon, I can move a copy of it to my home screen, but the same procedure will not work to move the app from one app screen to another, which is what I want to do.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're referring to the list of apps in your app drawer, those can't be rearranged, but the ones on your home screens can be rearranged.  What happens when you try to do what was suggested in the earlier post?  You should be able to long-press an icon and then drag it to a different place on that home screen or drag it to the edge of the screen so that you can place it on a different home screen. 

0 Likes