Message + app and Notifications
mparker5

I have the Note 4 and I recently began using the Message + app. I HATE THAT when a text message comes in that it shows the entire message on my notification bar along the top of the screen.

Please assist. How do I turn off this function without completely disabling the notifications? I want something similar to just a notification saying that I have a text message but not from who or the contents of the message.

Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Message + app and Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a fan of the Message + application.Glad to see another customer that is taking advantage of this app.

You're in luck with your request. When you go to the messages>menu>settings you will go to the options that say enable pop up & enable pop up over lock screen.

When these are disabled, you will still get the notification, but you won't get the entire message on the screen.

I hope that is helpful for you, mparker5.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Message + app and Notifications
mparker5

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Ok. I have done that and the message still comes, in its entirety, across the top of the screen. On the regular messages app when a message came in you would just see that a message came in yet, on this message + app, when a message comes in the entire message scrolls across the notifications area. 

I need to know if this can be changed.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes