Message Plus sending duplicate texts in Note 10 and showing multiple unread messages when one text is received
elpez930

Ever since I activated my Note 10 Plus I have been plagued with issues on Verizon Message Plus App. My first issue started with the app icon badhe showing multiple new texts for every one text that was received. For example if I received ine message it would show 3 and if I received 2 it would show 6. I already tried ckearing3data and cache for badhe icon notifications for this app with no luck. 

Another problem I have just been told by my wife is that she is receiving double texts from me. 

Its almost as if there's multiple duplicate accounts running at the same time.

About to permanently get rid of this troublesome app. Likes it at first but even had issues on my Note 8 after an update that first caused the duplicate message received badge icon notifications.  

These issues are only getting worse.

Not sure if its a Samsung Galaxy Note issue or Verizon issue, or both.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message Plus sending duplicate texts in Note 10 and showing multiple unread messages when one text is received
elpez930

...forgot to mention, I have already tried rebooting phone, reinstalling message plus app, and even did factory reset on my old Note 8. I'm not about to do the factory reset on my new Note 10 Plus. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: Message Plus sending duplicate texts in Note 10 and showing multiple unread messages when one text is received
SRM007

My wife and I are having the same errors with the addition of having "message failed" errors pop up on old messages (anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks old).  

Oddly enough....this only happens between our phones (hers a Note10 mine a Note10+) and seems to happen more often with picture messages.  

Any input from Verizon would be nice.....

0 Likes
Re: Message Plus sending duplicate texts in Note 10 and show
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties with your Message Plus App. Have you tried using the default messaging app? For switching messaging apps instructions click here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227316/. Are other services impacted (calls or data)?  AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
TKTawab

I'm RECEIVING duplicate texts from group texts that texts me. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @albertor_vzw  Since multiple people in multiple threads are reporting this recent issue, how about contacting Level 2 or 3 Technical Support or the Messaging Team to see if they are aware of something going on with the servers?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy Holidays to you! Receiving duplicate grout text messages to your mobile number can certainly be a big inconvenience and we apologize for your inconvenience. As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. Let's work together to resolve this issue. How long has this been happening? Are you receiving duplicate group text messages from specific mobile numbers? Are others in your group texts receiving duplicate texts from your mobile number?RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
LML73
Enthusiast - Level 1

This seems to be a Samsung, Verizon Messages+ and only from other Verizon customers using a Samsung phone.

I have the duplicate notification issue on my Note 8 also. But only from other Verizon customers on Samsung devices. I don't get them from Verizon Customers using an iPhone. 

0 Likes
Re: Message Plus sending duplicate texts in Note 10 and showing multiple unread messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand how concerning receiving duplicate text messages can be, LML73. We will be happy to ensure that this is resolved for your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and thank you for sharing the details that you have on this issue. How long has this been happening? Is this happening when Verizon Wireless Samsung devices text you in group and individual text messages? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message Plus sending duplicate texts in Note 10 and showing multiple unread messages.
LML73
Enthusiast - Level 1

Individual messages, I don't group message those numbers very often.

0 Likes