Marshmallow Update and WiFi Issue
Aviator24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I was happy with the new Marshmallow update...until my WiFi stopped working.  My Galaxy Note 5 did the update and now I can no longer connect to WiFi.  I make a living working in the I.T. world so I did some testing.  When I boot the phone into "Safe Mode", my WiFi will work.  This leads me to believe it could be related to an APP.  However, I have installed NO new apps in the past month.  Doing a little google research this appears to be a common issue with the MM update. 

My guess is now we will all have to suffer until enough people complain and Android finally figures out why this is happening and releases a fix.  Which by my estimation will not be any time soon...

0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow Update and WiFi Issue
bearone21
Legend

other posts have mentioned removing blue-tooth & wi-fi works.

i'm guessing that safe mode disables blue-tooth.

my battery life has increased with 601, doze works very well.

0 Likes
ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

So do we complain directly to android or Verizon to try to get a software update. If you turn Bluetooth off the wifi connection works, but then when you want to use Bluetooth in the car you have to turn it on again,  annoying. Especially when you don't want the lack of a wifi connection to eat up your data. I am not paying for more data just because android won't fix this problem.

Aviator24
Enthusiast - Level 1

That did the trick.  Turning off Bluetooth enabled my WiFi to work.  I wonder how long we will have to do this?  Annoying for sure.  Stellar job there Marshmallow Android Programmers...