MMS Video splitting into JPG and QCP files
candeeta

I have a Note8. Incoming videos are split into jpg's and qcp files and I can't play the video. I've been searching for a solution and can't find one. Please help!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Video splitting into JPG and QCP files
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Doing a search finds android - Video MMS from wap downloading as .qcp and .jpeg - Stack Overflow where it looks like the MMS Content Server doesn't think the Note 8 can handle the video file so it breaks it up (or maybe it is broken up by default and not put back together/handled by the Note 8 app).  Not sure if this is correct or is your issue, but sure looks suspect.  Maybe someone from VZW Tech Support will chime in here.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Candeeta, those messages were sent so that you may enjoy them. Let's get to the bottom of why this is happening. When did this begin? Does this happen with every video message or specific ones? Which messaging application are you using? 

LorenB_VZW 

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
JOSHIG4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  I was not able to find reference to this (MMS Video splitting into QCP files) issue in @VZWSupport Twitter feed.  Can you address the issue here or link us to the Twitter discussion?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSHIG4, I apologize for not seeing an update on this situation of the MMS messages being broke down into JPG and QCP files in our feed. I can imagine how confusing this can be when trying to view your images. I just want to gather some more clues. Since you are experiencing the same issue, can you tell me the make and model of your device? What is the messaging application you are using? Had there been any changes to the phone when this problem started?

Veronica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZarithNorasa

I have two phones on my account both Moto G4 Plays. Both units just recently received the android 7.1.1 update and since then whenever anyone sends them a mms containing a mp4 it gets split into a jpg and a qcp file. Prior to the 7.1.1 update this did not occur. They are both using the stock android message app. I have a moto E4 running 7.1.1 and using the same app I can receive mms containing mp4 perfectly fine.

0 Likes
joefkelley

I have this same problem, and Google searches turn up some more people with it, but no solutions. Did anyone figure this out?

I have a Pixel 3 with fully up to date Android (9). It has happened for every video I've received recently. They were sent from iPhones in group chats and worked fine for other users in the chat. I am using the default Android text app ("Messages").

0 Likes
KB3LMT

I am having the same issue I called Verizon directly and they said "since your connected to the internet there is nothing more we can, or will do since you don't have a phone sold by Verizon" which is a load of garbage my phone isn't the problem I have the OnePlus 7 Pro. Less then a week old it's something to do with Verizon but they never own up to their problems just shove it off onto someone else!

0 Likes
zackl0214

I'm literally having this issue on my Samsung S20. I switched from AT&T to Verizon but I am starting to regret it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, zackl0214. We are sorry to hear that you are trouble with video messages. What is the message app that you are using to receive the videos on? *Cassie

0 Likes