Lollipop Update Problems - Internet Dropping - GPS Cycling
tabadamst
Enthusiast - Level 2

After getting the Lollipop Update yesterday, I am having several problems.  I have tried the normal first fixes, IE rebooting phone, clearing cache and data from all apps, changing GPS settings, wifi settings and I still see all the same problems while running in safe mode so it is not an app.

1.  Can't get on Internet.  After 10 or so seconds I get "Unfortunately Internet has Stopped".  Tried on Mobile network only and two different robust wireless networks with the same results

2. GPS keeps cycling constantly in dropdown notification screen even though it has my location.  If I have other notifications, it keeps moving them up and down and is making it very hard to read them or even close them individually.  Is there a way to set how often GPS searches?   In Safe Mode the GPS does not cycle as often, though.  That may be normal?

3. Mobile signal at home 4G LTE used to be very strong, now only one bar and I also saw 3G last night. 

4. No way to modify screens or keyboard in Messages, that I can find, without installing third party app for keyboard.  Although the stock colors are okay...I want what I had before.

So, my phone is usable, well as a phone, and my games seem to work okay, but for any internet access it is not usable.  Since reverting back to KitKat is not an option, when will there be a fix?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop Update Problems - Internet Dropping - GPS Cycling
tabadamst
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I solved my GPS problem.  I pulled the battery AND the Sim card for about a minute, reinstalled and now GPS seems to be behaving.  Also, it seems my internet stopping only happens when I use the 'World' icon on my home screen.   If I use the Chrome shortcut or the 'g' shortcut, the internet seems more stable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tabadamst
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I solved my GPS problem.  I pulled the battery AND the Sim card for about a minute, reinstalled and now GPS seems to be behaving.  Also, it seems my internet stopping only happens when I use the 'World' icon on my home screen.   If I use the Chrome shortcut or the 'g' shortcut, the internet seems more stable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you can enjoy using your device with the latest update, tabadamst. I appreciate you trying Safe Mode. Are you experiencing service issues in a specific location? If so, what is the zip code? With data, does your phone display 3G/4G when you get the internet has stopped error? Are you able to use applications that require data or does the error only appear when using the browser?

I know the new colors are something to get used to. I would like to suggest the Verizon Messages application which allows customization of the background.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bruceives

Galaxy Note 3 Default (World) Browser Continues to Crash after Lollipop Upgrade

I removed the battery and SIM card.  I continute to get, "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped." message.

What do I have to do to fix this, since the "World" browser is the stock browser?

I would be glad to use Chrome as my default.  Is that possible??

Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@bruceives

I want to ensure you're able to use your web browser on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Are you connected to WiFi when you get this error message?  Have you tested the web browser while connected to the cellular data network?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bruceives

This is still broken. I get the error message on BOTH Wi-Fi or cellular data network.

Wish I could make Chrome my default browser.... It works just fine.

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

You can make Chrome your default browser.

Clear App Defaults Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Verizon Wireless

You should be able to clear the stock browser from being your default, and then select Chrome the next time you click on a link to default.

You can also try clearing the cache partition from recovery since you've already cleared the app cache and data. That fixes the weirdest things sometimes...Wipe Cache Partition Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
antkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can get the Chrome app to be your default browser.  Remove the internet app from the screen by sending it to the trash.  Then put the Chrome app on your screen where the internet app was.  Just use the Chrome app when connecting to the internet and it should stay connected to wi-fi.

0 Likes
themzlab

Check here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/509849-why-my-note-3-constantly-searching-gps...

I cleared up a huge problem with GPS.  I am using this case:

Galaxy Note 3 S-View Flip Cover

and there is an option to show the weather on the cover in the half-sized view window.  I turned off the option to show the weather in that display.  This seemed to be the one thing that was causing GPS to show in the notifications every few seconds.

The other workaround had been to leave GPS turned off.

0 Likes