Location Services Turn Off Automatically on my Note 8
ALEXH113

I have a Note 8, and very frequently, my Location Services are turned off.  I discover this every time I ask Bixby for the weather.  It tells me that it cannot locate me, because services are off.  I go into the settings and sure enough, they are not on.  This happen again just this morning, and I know I keep going these services on.

Any help, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Alex H.

0 Likes
Re: Location Services Turn Off Automatically on my Note 8
dgschoel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem except I do not do anything to cause it. It always happens on random days always at 2pm.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is set up exactly as you wish, Dgschoel! When did this issue begin or when did you first notice? Have there been any recent changes to your device such as software?

-Chris

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'd back up my personal content, then I'd Google Note 8 System Cache Wipe, and I'd try that.

If that didn't fix it, I'd perform a Factory Data Reset.

RedRingOfLife
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I figured this out finally. Verizon is running an Auto Health Check every day at 2 PM and I think it shuts off the location services.

To turn off the health check, open the MyVerizon app, select Devices from the main menu, click Manage under the phone that's the issue, click Run Health Check, and then click the option at the bottom of the results to view and disable the Auto Health Check every day at 2.

Don't know if this works, but I just did it on my phone and at the worst hopefully this gets us moving in the right direction.

I don't really want to disable the health check, but I also don't want Life360 to be nagging me that I have disabled location services every single day at 2 PM.

RedRingOfLife
Enthusiast - Level 1

Upon further inspection, it looks like you can change the options within the Health Check so that it won't turn off location services:

View Device Health Check - My Verizon app - Android | Verizon Wireless

Tags (2)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that location services is ready to go when you need it, RedRingOfLife. Did adjusting the settings within health check seem to correct the issue or does the issue persist? 

RyanM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

CHIVASMONIQUE

You can also go into "manage" then at the bottom where it says "cleaning tasks" just uncheck turn off location, then save.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALEXH113

I am sorry to hear about your location services. I would be lost (literally) if my location services weren't working properly. Let 's get to the bottom of this together. Had you tried the steps regarding adjusting the health check settings that were mentioned in this thread? Are your phone and all of the apps installed up to date on their software as well?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ssoden

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My location turning off constantly has been driving me crazy! I never would have thought of this solution. I just checked and my phone was set to auto run the health check, and turning off location was one of the selected tasks. My husband has been having the same problem so I'll have him check his, too!

0 Likes