Kitkat 4.4.2 Note II is horriable and WILL NOT WORK
COME_ON_REALLY

Since my update on my Note II Kitkat 4.4.2 my phone has stopped charging properly and has became very sluggish. When the phone is plugged up and attempting to use it the battery becomes depleted.

0 Likes
Re: Kitkat 4.4.2 Note II is horriable and WILL NOT WORK
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COME.ON.REALLY,
Let's look further into this! Is the device not fully charging? How long does the device last from a full charge? Have you tried resetting the device since the update? Please share more details so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ladylongone

I am having the same problems, SLOW- everything is not working !!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's speed things up pronto ladylongone! My son has a Note 2 also and he experienced similar issues after software update. We were able to resolve all post software update issues by doing a hard reset http://vz.to/1i5WaSo Make sure to uncheck Automatic Restore at step 5.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

soofoo

My Note II does the same thing after the update. I ordered a new battery but it sounds like it is the update problem and not my phone. I know that the Ipone had a update that did the same thing but they were able to tell you how to fix the problem.

I can no longer open a webpage from a FB posting either. It works on my laptop so it is the update and I don't know how to fix it. Let me know what settings will eliminate this too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

soofoo we'll find the fix to get you back in action! Are you using the FB app? Do you receive an error message when trying to open a webpage?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
Modnar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone gotten a fix yet.  I had similar issues with my Note 2 and fixed it through a hard reset.  See my thread answer for how I did it.

0 Likes
Thumbpkin
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI Modnar
I did the hard reset as instructed and I still have battery drain issue. If I didn't have a wall charger and back-up batteries I would not have a working phone right now. Very very disappointing. With the amount of time it takes Verizon Wireless Customer Support to roll this software out I would in the very least expect a Quality Assured updated.

0 Likes
Modnar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear that.  I am the first to admit that the Note 2 battery does drain pretty quick but that issue was there for me before the update and I have a backup battery.  The reason my drains is a combination of me wanting certain things all the time versus turning them off when not using them and my office is poorly situated so that I lose 4G frequently during the day.  Its the only place that happens to me (just inside the building).  I haven't seen a faster battery drain.  Have you looked at the battery app to determine what is draining yours?  Its probably the Android System which is a lot of things but you could have some other major draws.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information, Modnar. We do want to narrow down the battery life issues in order to report to the software team.
Please run your device in safe mode http://bit.ly/12okMMs for at least 24 hours. Do you experience the same battery life? In Settings>Battery, what is the device showing is using the battery life? Is power saving mode on?
These tips also help with preserving battery life http://vz.to/1pmtRSO.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes