Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
thunderdan602
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like 4.1.2 is being pushed out today for the Note 2 on Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thunderdan602, let's see what this software update really looks like. Click http://bit.ly/n5snpq for updates and information regarding our Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device. ^LH

0 Likes
K_W_

Just got the new 4.1.2 update.  And now my phones won't shut up.  Every time I press a key on the keyboard it makes a sound.  It's like crying out in the middle of a crowd: Hey Look! I'm Stupid and Likes To Be LOUD. I'm a Verizon Customer!

Editing the Settings, Sound, Keytones have no effect.

On top of this, it still won't work overseas with a SIM card for data.  That is still locked.

0 Likes
Crascal

I click on the link above and it takes me to a page that say nothing about an update to Android 4.1.2 or updates to the Galaxy Note 2 device.  What an I missing.  Can you tell me how I can update my phone to this version?

0 Likes
Luthah

To get rid of keyboard sounds:

Go to Menu

Settings

Language and Input

Cick on the gear icon next to Samsung keyboard

Advanced

Uncheck key-tap sound

restart phone

Good luck, this was not intuitive.

0 Likes
Crascal

When I turned the phone on this AM after an overnight charge, i received a message regarding an update from verizon.  It appears that afetr the update I was now on Jelly Bean 4.1.2.  No ill affects yet and the new features that I had read about were now available.

0 Likes
K_W_

Thank you!  That worked perfectly. 

>> Comment deleted.  Discussions concerning rooting, jailbreaking, hacking, etc., are strictly prohibited on this forum. <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
AFawn

Mine's doing the same with none of the options checked in the box for sound?  I'm also missing the thumbnail on the main page, completely disappeared?  Still have the double posted birthdays on my calendar as well?  Hmmmmmm.

0 Likes