Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
shawnshine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if Verizon is planning on upgrading the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 anytime soon? 

0 Likes
Re: Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
DHeart112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would think they would, however what about the new os Keylime pie?

0 Likes
HearMePlay

My mistake - this is not 4.1.2. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is no OS known as Key Lime Pie.

0 Likes
rlt9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually there is an Android 5.0 that has been named as Key Lime Pie that's supposed to be unveiled at Google's I/O 2013 event taking place in mid May. However, the latest current version is 4.2.2 so 4.1.2 is old news & maybe Verizon will get around to updating us sometime in the next year.

0 Likes
JohnMCouch
Enthusiast - Level 2

They will update it, the question is when. Verizon is never in a hurry to provide anything to a customer that is not making them money. Providing an OS update does nothing to boost their wallet. Version only cares about the buck, not its customers.

froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck...the note 3 or the note 4 (LOL) will be out before we ever see an update.  Verizon couldn't send out a timely update if their business depended on it.  They are by far the worst when it comes to customer service, timely updates, and branding phones with their ridiculous logo.  Bottom line, we have the downgraded version of the note 2 compared to the competitors.  We are still lacking several features/settings/widgets.  It is truly a disappointment.  Stay with Verizon, and that will always be the case.  They have proven that time and time again.

0 Likes
JohnMCouch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly, the only way to get a semi-current OS at Verizon is to buy a new phone. LOL I am SHOCKED that they haven't tried offering updates for cash yet, as greedy as they are. You want the next OS version or patch, sure, you can have it, it will just cost you 25 bucks.

0 Likes
Freedombreeze

My best hunch...Canada is always last to get updates and I think Verizon is working closely with Canada to syncronize service so that's a probable reason why Verizon is dragging their feet on the 4.1.2 update.

0 Likes
thunderdan602
Enthusiast - Level 2

The rumor that is going around is that no, no 4.1.2, because the Note 2 is one of the Samsung handsets getting Android 5.0.  Google it yourself if you want o read about the rumors.  The other Samsung handsets getting 5.0 is the Galaxy S3 and S4, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and Galaxy Note 8.0.  Android 5.0, which is rumored to be named Key Lime Pie, should be unveiled at this year’s Google I/O event in May.  And I had also read that Qualcomm had inadvertently confirmed the arrival of Key Lime Pie with a leaked document.

0 Likes