Issues with new Note 7 powering down on its own
OSCAR76

So I got my Note 7 a couple days ago, and was able to perform the update with no issues. However, last night the phone began to power down on its own and cannot be turned back on without the power cable.  So far, there have been six incidents and on all instances the battery power was at over 90%.The sad thing is that the original Note 7 was working perfectly. Has anyone had any issues with their new Note 7 powering down on its own?

0 Likes
Re: Issues with new Note 7 powering down on its own
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello OSCAR76,

I'm sorry to learn that this is happening, let's try some steps to try and fix it. From what you describe, it seems like this issue may be related to an application. Putting the phone in Safe Mode will test this to see if, indeed, that is the case. Please follow these steps and monitor the device, on and off the charger:  Restart in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless

Keep us posted on how that goes, thanks very much!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button
under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.
Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Issues with new Note 7 powering down on its own
OSCAR76

Thanks for the support.  Already performed SAFE MODE and problem did not go away.  Then performed the next logical step to factory set the phone; that did not work either.  At this time, since this is still an issue related to Samsung Note 7 Exchange Program (based on what Samsung notified me); I need a new Note 7.

0 Likes