Is there a Note 4 sound notification setting for received email?
krazykat25

Hi,

I have a Verizon, Samsung Galaxy  Note 4 phone and need some information ho how to turn Sound Notification ON & OFF for different events.

Specifically, I get a Sound notification that I can (roughly) correlate with receiving an email.  I have comcast.net as my email provider and Verizon as my cell phone service provider. I hear the sound notification and  my email shows a new email within the last minute. No text messages, voice mail, or “media” have been received.

I need to turn OFF this notification, no matter what event is triggering the notification.  Very annoying to have this sound notification  going off several times during the night and at unexpected times during the day.

I have checked my “SETTINGS, Sound and notifications, Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System settings. The sound associated with these 4 settings is NOT the sound I want to turn OFF

By the way, what event is associated with the “Media” setting?  Same question for the “System” setting; the System setting is silent when tapped. The other three play the selected tone when tapped.

Is there a Sound notification associated with receipt of an email?  I have looked through the on board help, the Note 4 user guide and a couple of on line sites and con not find information about  “email receipt sound notification”

I would appreciate any help, tutorials or links that has general information about Verizon, Samsung Galaxy  Note 4 sound notification  and specific information about email sound notification (if it exists).

Thanks for your help !!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is there a Note 4 sound notification setting for received email
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Media setting is when you're playing media, like music files.

System settings would be things like camera shutter volume, screen lock sounds.

Regarding the e-mail notifications, see if this helps:

Email Account Notification Settings - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: is there a Note 4 sound notification setting for received email
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Media setting is when you're playing media, like music files.

System settings would be things like camera shutter volume, screen lock sounds.

Regarding the e-mail notifications, see if this helps:

Email Account Notification Settings - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes