Is the Note 3 compatible with the new Verizon XLTE network coming?
mwb1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read that Verizon will be unveiling their new XLTE network on May 19th?  The new service is supposed to provide better service in 50 new markets.

Will the Note 3 work on the new network?

What are the 50 new markets?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the Note 3 compatible with the new Verizon XLTE network coming?
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Note3speedtest.png

I've already noticed an increase in speeds and confirmed it using speedtest as shown above. I originally thought it was the recent KitKat update that brought the increased speeds until I saw this thread. The speeds averaged between 20-40 Mbps when I first got the Note 3 back in early April and now the speeds are about 50-75 Mbps on average. Is it possible that Verizon has already rolled out XLTE or could I see internet speeds go even higher when they do roll out XLTE?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to check their press releases to find out if they have released any of that information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Note3speedtest.png

I've already noticed an increase in speeds and confirmed it using speedtest as shown above. I originally thought it was the recent KitKat update that brought the increased speeds until I saw this thread. The speeds averaged between 20-40 Mbps when I first got the Note 3 back in early April and now the speeds are about 50-75 Mbps on average. Is it possible that Verizon has already rolled out XLTE or could I see internet speeds go even higher when they do roll out XLTE?

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

The Note 3 is compatible because the last Jellybean update in December enabled Band 4 LTE according to Samsung's changelog here. Like Mikeg814, I also have been getting faster speeds comparable to his screenshots on my Note 3 during the last few days. I haven't done a speedtest in a while prior to last week, so I can't say when I started to see these faster speeds in my area.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes