Is it possible to get my old text messages when I switch devices?
JHovanic

Is it at all possible to restore text messages after I upgraded to a new phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Restoring text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Email the backup file to yourself and download or copy it to the new phone. Install the same application you used to backup the messages. Open the application and use the restore option to retrieve the message from the backup file. For detailed instructions refer to the application's help contents.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can if you backed them up on the old phone to an app like SMS Backup and Restore or Verizon Messages.

0 Likes
JHovanic

Great! So how do I bring them back into my new phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Email the backup file to yourself and download or copy it to the new phone. Install the same application you used to backup the messages. Open the application and use the restore option to retrieve the message from the backup file. For detailed instructions refer to the application's help contents.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new device, JHovanic. Here are the step by step instructions if you used Verizon Cloud. http://vz.to/1SE7h4X

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes