If I got note 7 at a Verizon retailer, can I return/exchange/Upgrade at a Verizon corporate store instead?
nyleve2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I got note 7 at a Verizon retailer, can I return/exchange/Upgrade at a Verizon corporate store instead? I've had horrible customer service at Diamond Wireless and I refuse to go back there

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Exchanging/Note 7
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee
nyleve2016,

That's a very good question. If you have purchased your device from a Verizon Wireless authorized retailer or retail partner such as Best Buy or Costco, it must be returned to the same retailer to be able to process a return or exchange.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Hope this helps some. A corporate store will definitely do more to help you but not all corporate stores will do the same things. I travel 30 miles one way bypassing 2 other Verizon retailers to deal with the closet corporate store. Additionally different employees at that same corporate store will tell you different things when providing you customer service.  I see some people in the forums saying that their corporate store let them turn in their Note 7 and others say theirs did not. Mine would not take mine back when I took it in. Best bet would be to call your local corporate store and ask, I  ended up calling customer service instead and had them mail out a box.

0 Likes
josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee
nyleve2016,

That's a very good question. If you have purchased your device from a Verizon Wireless authorized retailer or retail partner such as Best Buy or Costco, it must be returned to the same retailer to be able to process a return or exchange.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHIBON33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I returned/exchanged my Note 7 this weekend for a S7 Edge at a corporate store.  Here is my one concern:  Verizon refused to refund/credit me back the original purchase of the Note7 and accessories.  They said "Samsung is going to take care of that and that a credit would be showing up in my account in a few months ... but hold onto all your receipts just in case".

This means I have to carry the cost of the original Note 7 purchase AND now S7 Edge purchase, and magically everything will wash out sometime in the future once Samsung and Verizon get their act together.  Since I could no longer even board a plane with the Note 7, and I had an international business trip in a couple days, I had no option but to pay for the S7 Edge and try to work out this credit problem later.

Has anyone else been forced to handle their 'exchange' the same way?

0 Likes