I want my upgrade back
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I upgraded from my Note 4 to a Note 7. Since you took my Note 4 back I now have no other phone. If I have to go to a S7E fine, BUT I want it to be Upgrade eligible when the S8 or N8 comes out. I shouldn't be forced to lose my Upgrade and downgrade just because my upgrade phone is recalled and there is no other comparable phone available.

Re: I want my upgrade back
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you get a trade in credit on the Note 4? You could just return the Note 7, buy a used device and wait until a phone comes out you want.

I believe I read that the iPhones are the only ones with an annual upgrade program, though they did do one for Samsung so perhaps if enough people push for it...

0 Likes
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I had to pay to upgrade to the Note 7, my Note 4 wasn't fully paid off, so I had to send it back but wasn't a trade in.

It is just not fair that I wasted my upgrade and am forced to downgrade and can't get a new upgrade for 2 yrs! This isn't our faults. I shouldn't be forced into a phone I don't want for 2 yrs.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's not wasted, your account should have reverted back to before you purchased the Note 7; upgrade eligible and my guess is without a device payment since they now have your Note 4, which is tragic. Ask friends and family if they have a used Verizon device, if it accepts the same SIM card you currently have, it's as simple as putting it into the phone. Then it's just a matter of waiting until something comes out you want. You could pick up an S5 for under $100 and then resell it again for nearly the same in a few months.

0 Likes
MICMAC59
Enthusiast - Level 1

But we should have to borrow or pick something up for 100$ we want our old phones back and we will wait for the note 8. If everything is reverting back it should be everything including returning the device we gave or one similar.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I completely understand wanting your old device back, as someone who is ocd about electronics buying a used device for me always takes careful consideration.

Unfortunately you can't get your device back, they re-sell and refurbish returns for exchanges etc. You'd also have to give back or give up the reason for turning in the device, such as the ability to upgrade or any $ obtained.

0 Likes