How do I transfer contacts to my replacement galaxy note 5?
ARTROS52

I have received a replacement phone as my previous unit was damaged.  I cannot turn off the old unit.

How do I transfer data from my old phone to the new phone and then activate the new phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: transfer contacts etc to replacement galaxy note 5
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF you have the SIM card from the old phone, and if it is the same size, you can simply put the old SIM in the new phone and turn on the new phone.  Then log in with the same Google account; anythingyou had backed up to Google will sync.

If you used Verizon cloud, or another cloud service for backup, log in to that service.  If you did not use any backup or cloud, then you won't be able to retrieve any of your stuff. (Contacts, photos, etc.)

In the case where the SIM is not the same size, then you can get a replacement SIM of the correct size at a corporate Verizon store, or have one mailed to you by calling Customer service.  They are free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: transfer contacts etc to replacement galaxy note 5
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF you have the SIM card from the old phone, and if it is the same size, you can simply put the old SIM in the new phone and turn on the new phone.  Then log in with the same Google account; anythingyou had backed up to Google will sync.

If you used Verizon cloud, or another cloud service for backup, log in to that service.  If you did not use any backup or cloud, then you won't be able to retrieve any of your stuff. (Contacts, photos, etc.)

In the case where the SIM is not the same size, then you can get a replacement SIM of the correct size at a corporate Verizon store, or have one mailed to you by calling Customer service.  They are free.

0 Likes