How do I stop the OTA Prompt?
kmore

As I'm sure anyone who works in the phone/tech industry is aware by now Androids latest OS is full of glitches and causes more headaches than is worth. So when I recently got a new phone and it didn't have Lollipop on it I was ecstatic.  With that being said the OTA Window keeps opening and I've already used Lollipop enough on my old device to know I absolutely do NOT want to go back to it. Is there anyway to freeze the OTA from popping up? When Anrdoid comes out with 5.1 or something that alleviates all the issues I would like to try it out but until then I'm content with 4.4.4.

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop the OTA Prompt?
Snn5
Legend

No, it will eventually atuo-install.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Disable Samsung push and something else. It'll stop it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Doesn't Samsung use Innopath to push OTAs as well?  I know LG does on VZW and ItsOn! with Sprint.  Neither can be disabled though.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Pretty sure it's Samsung Push services and something else as a fallback. There's a guide out there but linking those places are against the TOU here.

0 Likes
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

I know there was something on here where they disbled it so it wouldn't check for updates and that worked but its not a setting it was more like the coding in the software also I could be wrong but I think it was android central I saw it

0 Likes