How do I change the look of my System Settings?
rb4havoc

Before I updated to Lollipop on my Note 3, I could change the look of the System Settings between Tabbed and List mode. However, after the update to Lollipop, I can no longer find where to change this option. Has it been completely removed for the Note 3?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tabbed System Settings missing after Lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rb4havoc! Software updates are very important to maintaining the performance of our devices! Check out a few of the differences that was pushed out with this new software update: http://spr.ly/6583B8RRT If you have any further questions, let us know. Thanks and have a great holiday weekend!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rb4havoc! Software updates are very important to maintaining the performance of our devices! Check out a few of the differences that was pushed out with this new software update: http://spr.ly/6583B8RRT If you have any further questions, let us know. Thanks and have a great holiday weekend!

KristieQ_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I never cared for the tabbed version of the Settings on the Samsung phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rb4havoc

Yeah, I've updated, and the only reason I care is because I also have an S4 which is stuck with the tabbed system settings, and I'd just rather have both devices set up similarly. At least with the Note 4 there are options to change the appearance, but under the Lollipop update for the Note 3, they just completely removed the feature altogether

0 Likes
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Note 3 Lollipop Verizon still has tabbed system settings....it is what I like so did not investigate how to change.

I had it set as tabbed for KitKat 4.4.4 and thru the Lollipop update it remained tabbed, tho slightly different layout.

And oddly, I missed having vibration haptic feedback when touching either of the two non-screen bottom buttons (menu and go back)...but found how to turn vibe on again under phone tab, sound & notify, other sounds, haptic feedback....what an odd place and description....like it was made to confuse us.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why is the S4 stuck in the tabbed settings format? You should be able to change it to list format and keep it there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rb4havoc

I can't change the S4 from tabbed settings.  It's a Sprint phone, and it's also owned by the Federal Government, so I'm not planning on rooting it just to change the visual appearance of the system settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like Sprint requested certain modifications for the Sprint model or the government has access restrictions on the user customizations allowed.

0 Likes