How do I change SMS email notification from one email address to a different one?
MannyL

All my SMS email notifications on my new Note 8 are going to my work email address instead of my personal email address.  How does one change this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I change SMS email notification from one email address to a different one?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There is a discussion there Solved: text notifications S8+ - Samsung Community - 130726  regarding 'For some reason I am getting my text messages sent to my email. On top of it, it's not even my primary email'

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I change SMS email notification from one email address to a different one?
MannyL

Nobody???

0 Likes
MannyL

Who can assist with this?  I've chatted with Samsung 3 different times and each solution they gave fails.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Considering there has been only 24 views of this thread as of this writing, not a lot of community members have read your question. This is also primarily a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. A response from the VZW reps that roam this community isn't guaranteed nor is it usually immediate to allow the community members a chance to assist.

FYI, I don't have a suggestion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to stay on top of e-mail notifications is crucial, MannyL! What e-mail services do you happen to use for work and for your personal account?

0 Likes
MannyL

I have no idea why you are trying to educate me on "staying on top of email notifications is crucial".  I never stated that it wasn't!  I merely asked a question of how to change which email account receives the TXT message notifications.  Presently it is going to my work email and I need it to go to my personal email address.  Both of which are setup on my phone but for some reason since getting my new Note 8 they are going to my work email instead of my personal email as they did prior with my iPhone.  So, once again, the question is, how do I change which  email account receives TXT message email notifications on my Note 8?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which email address did you setup on the phone first?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MannyL

I don't recall. However, what does that matter?  There must be a way to change which email account receives TXT SMS messages.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can matter. Usually the first email account added is the default and also the one likely to get the text messages. The other option is to remove the ability to get the text messages sent to your email address which happens to be a Samsung exclusive option to their phones.

0 Likes
MannyL

My comment with regards to what does that matter pertains to there must be a setting to change which email address these messages are sent to.  So, in that regards it doesn't matter.  With that said, the email account receiving the messages is not the DEFAULT email account.

0 Likes