Re: How can Verizon send me the Recovery Box for the Galaxy Note 7?
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Instructions/demonstration form the Samsung Site on packing details once the return box is received:  Galaxy Note7 - Return Process - YouTube

Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

My local Verizon store reactivated my Galaxy S5 for me when I went in and told them I was not going to 'upgrade' to another phone but was going back to my S5.

Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

The best thing you can do, your story sounds like mine, is call their customer service number.  I worked with a wonderful woman there that is sending me a recovery box.

0 Likes
Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

The trade-in process would NOT even identify my Note 7 so that was worthless to me.  I talked to the Customer Service folks by phone and that was where I had the most success even though I am still awaiting my recovery box.  AND how do I ensure I get the credits once I send the phone back.  I do not want it assumed I got a 'replacement phone."

Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

When went and switched back to my old phone, my local Verizon (where I purchased my Note 7) was not taking them back.  They told me to contact the online chat folks on how to return the phone. That was worthless.  The best answers I got was calling Customer Service.

nigeldh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reactived my Note II several weeks ago. I am still getting Note 7 nastygram texts. I put in an order for a recovery box several weeks ago via on-line chat - still no box, no status on when the box will be shipped.

Verizon's system doesn't seem able to cope with those of us who went back to our old phones.

I have a business need for phone like the Note 7 - IPX68 water resistance, handwriting to text. I am not going to upgrade until the Note 8? is available. (Search and Rescue, Ski Patrol, Fire/Rescue/EMS)

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Same hear, I went to the Corporate store and reactivated my old Note and the rep said that a box would be sent to me automatically. Nothing came, so I called Customer service and they said that they would send a box, nothing came. I was sent a private message here on the forums and had a conversation with a representative about the box a couple of weeks ago, she said a box would be coming. NOTHING HAS COME! I have done MUCH MORE than my part and will not make another call or request. I AM DONE!

CASS035
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pre-ordered my Note 7, replaced it in-store the day they were available for replacement after the first recall, and then upgraded to a Pixel XL via the online process. I have STILL not received a box or any feedback on how to return the Note 7 and at this point I'm terrified that I'm holding an $850 bomb that I'm going to be charged for. When can I get rid of this thing??

ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for reaching out to the community member forum, CASS035 We know everyone's eager to put this recall in their rear-view mirror and move along. We definitely want to ensure you're getting the return box so that you can do so, too. It takes about two weeks from the final replacement for the package to arrive. Have you had your Pixel for more than two weeks?

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

So, just for the record then, you are saying that in order to get a box to send back your Note 7 you must have purchased a new phone. So those of us that went back to our old phones will not be getting a box. Got it! Thanks for putting it in writing for the record.