Re: just bought a samsung galaxy note 4 on verizon that appears to be locked to verizon, how can i unlock it?
jon987

thank you, you have a good point there.  We will try one more sim from another carrier tomorrow.  If no luck then we will just use it on verizon as it works fine there.   thank you again.

0 Likes
Re: just bought a samsung galaxy note 4 on verizon that appears to be locked to verizon, how can i unlock it?
traveler60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am searching for an answer to my question. I have a Galaxy S10+ and a Galaxy S8 that need to be unlocked to accept SIM cards for travel through different countries in Europe for business. I was going to ask Verizon to unlock them, but maybe I don't have to? I don't know what block C rules are, but what I understand from the reply to the original question is, they don't lock the SIM cards any more. Am I good to go? I'd hate to get overseas and find out I couldn't get a cheap card to use in Austria or Italy.  Is there a way to test whether these phones are locked? Thanks for any help!!

0 Likes
jskerbinc

Your response was not honest. My note4 has a splash screen for Verizon and the notice that the Sim is not Verizon. It does not give me a place to enter an unlock code for the network even though the phone can see all the available networks. Verizon will not allow the phone to access them

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes