Re: How are people getting the Note 8 delivered so early?
jdrumm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll preface this by saying that I don't often have lot of confidence in the information I get from VZW's customer service. But I figured I'd give them a call and see what they had to say.

Before I get to that discussion, though, I will mention that when I called in I got an automated response that I had an order arriving Tuesday the 5th. I already have my trade-in box (delivered the 29th of August), so the only thing I  have outstanding for delivery from Verizon is the Note 8.

The gist of the information shared with me is that if Verizon was going to delay the delivery until just before release day, they wouldn't be turning them over to FedEx with Next Day delivery, they'd be holding them in their own distribution centers. He also was quite certain that FedEx would not be happy with having to hold onto these devices for another 10 days; their job is to move stuff from point A to point B, not store it for extended periods.

The CSR also took a moment to verify with his superiors that there was no plan to delay shipment, and that if it showed a delivery date of 9/5, we could expect to have it in our hands that day.

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a few friends at Fedex, I have messaged them and will update with

what they say.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to one of my friends that has been with fedex for years, there is

no way fedex would hold that large of a shipment in thier facility.

Especially if its at a sort facility.

LORHOW13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received notification out for delivery

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

My NOTE 8 was delivered this morning!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Wow.  Samsung is gonna have a Cow. 

0 Likes
LSeaborn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just preordered, and it was delivered today. I was a prior a Note 7 owner. I've heard some speculate they shipped first to those prior owners. I also heard they were shipping early to get them in people's hands BEFORE Apple's announcement on the 12th so people wouldn't cancel Note 8 orders. Who knows the real reason.

0 Likes
LORHOW13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that I can believe but true Android users have no use or concern for the Iphone. I have one for work and do not like it BUT my children are all Iphone users so they are excited about the 8

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Pre-orders have shipped and arrived!! I got mine!!

0 Likes
_buckeyenut_
Contributor - Level 1

Received mine yesterday...

0 Likes