cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

How Do I Read A VZM File Once Uploaded To My PC?

Miembro

I need to backup a conversation thread. on my handset, I saved it to a VZM file which I ccan see when connected to my PC. but how can I read it?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: how to read a vzm file

Miembro

Most likely the file is actually an XML file.

You should be able to open it in a web browser, or you can use a text editor to open it.

easiest thing is to rename the file extension to .html and then when you double click a web browser will display the contents

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

An alternative is to use a text backup app, such as  SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

Highlighted

Re: How Do I Read A VZM File Once Uploaded To My PC?

Miembro

Ok, we can backup the Messages to a VZM file, and we can email them to a PC or keep them on the cellphone... how can we read them????? the datetime is encoded in the Epoch timestamp format, and is wholly unreadlable by humans... this doesnt do any good as a backup or to share a text converstation.

Any 3d party programs to read and parse the VZM file resolving the Epoch timestamp?

Gracias

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We sincerely understand your concerns and we want to help you as much as possible, HeraldHerd. We need to know exactly what you did in order to check for options to assist you. You mention that you backed up messages to a VZW file, how did you do this?

Do you have those messages saved to the Verizon Cloud (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/)?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

i used this set of commands,https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-51235/

Mensajes de Verizon - Android™ - Save Message to SD (Memory) Card
  1. Desde a Home screen, tap lo  Apps icon.
  2. Tap Message+.
  3. Touch and hold a message.
  4. Oprime  Save Messages.
  5. Oprime  lo  up arrow. (located en el upper-right corner) a acceso lo  desired ahorra location and tap extSdCard.
  6. Editar lo  file name as preferred then tap Save.

I then copy the file off the Android onto my Win 10 PC. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I followed the same instructions, which are right there on the phone.  Now it seems like I've lost all my saved text messages because there isn't any proper instructions on how to open them back up after they are saved.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This would have been helpful prior to saving the text message per VZW instructions than deleting the text message as I thought it was backed up. 

0 Likes