Re: Here is the swap answer for N7 - What about VZW online purchases?
MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told the same but now they are refusing to send them out. They are recannting statements and saying you have to go to the store. Verizon has not done a good job on this one.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

We would never want to give you the run around Maxmom32. I understand the importance in making sure that you get your revised Note 7. Have you been able to make it at the store?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sturner888
Enthusiast - Level 2

The primary reason I ordered online is because I'm disabled, and it's quite difficult for me to go Anywhere. . .  After a week of being told by Verizon that my ONLY option was to exchange at a store, I finally had some luck yesterday!

After some polite persistence, and striking out with the first 2 reps I spoke with, the third time was the charm! Not only did Valerie have my replacement and return packaging shipped Yesterday, she Also went ahead and credited the sales tax and first payment from the original purchase! I'm just happy that I finally reached someone that was willing to make the effort to do some digging and make it happen. Her company, through their poor planning, should've Never put her in the position where that was even necessary! I'm also glad I'll have both phones at hand, so I can transfer my data/settings in the comfort of my recliner!  versus being rushed in a crowded store. Looking forward to the new phone, which is scheduled to be delivered by 11am tomorrow (Thursday). 

mdhittle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Be very carefull when returning your Note 7 to a store if you purchased it online. I returned mine to a store and recieved a reciept for it for only the phone. I was not reimbursed for the $40 dollar upgrade fee. And now, Verizon is refusing to honor the return. They have my phone and they are still expecting me to pay for it.

MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was posting over frustration of inability to go to the store and Verizon recantinng previous statements made to me of mailing my replacement. So no I have not been to the store.  Please review your staff is very inconsteint on the handling of this. This forum is full of the people expeirencing the same problems. A  very few lucky ones have had their device mailed.

MATTressInsptr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with an employee account.  I called today. New phone was shipped and should receive Friday 

0 Likes
Pipeweld
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called today, and they said they would send me a new one through the mail.

0 Likes
jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suggest you read the whole thread and take notice of the other two CSR's that have also given half canned answers, just to my post. Which once again leaves me wondering what I am to do. We live in a small part of Southern Maine and there is only ones store nearby which is a 40 min drive. We have a very sick dog at home and other things going on like all humans do. Seriously after waiting patiently, reading all information coming into this forum, statements from other tech sites, statements from Samsung and also CPA, I am stunned that even in this one thread let alone the many, many, that posted under N7 recall, none of us are getting the same information. Many of us are really trying here to be patient and give it time but we are not being treated fairly at all and we deserve better. Since I am replying directly to you, maybe you could just clear up some of this now, instead of waiting for more of us to comment and another CSR coming on with a different canned answer. Seriously, VZW you need to do better by all of us here and selling to new customers when Samsung sent out 500,000 new units for carriers to TAKE CARE OF RECALL CUSTOMERS FIRST. So, please. Reply. Do I go to the store or not as we ordered two N7's online and have hung on to them waiting for a SOLID answer. We also used our upgrades and traded up our phones for a discount and the last thing we need right now is VZW making money off our misery and charging us as we are setting up a new account. We have a very ill dog and she needs that money to survive... thanks.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We are always here to help sztheday2006. Let me clarify. If you are looking to exchange your Note 7 for the revised Note 7 and it is past the 14 day worry free guarantee time frame you will need to exchange the phone at a direct VZW store.

We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply JohnB_VZW regarding the EXCHANGE of my Note 7 for a new re-released version.. I was however, posing my question to an earlier poster,  (see below) that indicated he had gotten the word last Friday that there would be no problem exchanging the device via phone but he obviously had an EMPLOYEE account and I was inquiring as to whether or not regular customers would be afforded the same convenience. As you can see from his reply, yes, he was successful. Incidentally, as was I and am now restoring my phone once again, as it just arrived via UPS 20 minutes ago. I did however have to buy the phone all over again as if it was a standard return because I wasn't happy with the device. Probably not a requirement for employee accounts.

I appreciate your response but I have to ask, as this whole issue began three weeks ago, and thousands upon thousands of views and posts regarding the questions as to process, procedures, reassurances ... the VZW voice has been remarkably absent from this forum and as it is the only method that many relied on for information and assistance due to the conflicting information that was presented to us as customers through the various VZW channels, that is frankly disappointing and disconcerting. It seems that now that the situation is coming to a close -- some folks with more frustration than others at local Corporate stores, and some of us that managed to get a CSR willing and able to work with us in getting a replacement device shipped to us -- there is a much louder VZW voice. And unfortunately still not addressing actual questions that have been posed but rather canned answers, for the most part. So having watched and participated in these forums for the past 20 days, it seems that the only customer market Verizon seems to hold in the highest esteem, making the exchange process as painless and simple as possible, has been Verizon employee accounts. I don't begrudge employee accounts anything, they are customers too. But how about the rest of us? The very question I am framing to pose to your executive offices shortly.

I am with an employee account.  I called today. New phone was shipped and should receive Friday