Re: Here is the swap answer for N7 - What about VZW online purchases?
mikelaaron
Enthusiast - Level 3

What if you don't have the box or accessories- is there an issue getting a note 7 replacement for the current 'bad' one?

0 Likes
sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

i  was just inquiring as to Matt's comment above ("I spoke with Verizon employee accounts on Friday 9/16/16") and it looked as if they had a different exchange process for Verizon employees and wondered if that was also available to non-employees. It looked as if the response he got was wildlly different than the one those of us that ordered online and inquired about a mail exchange had received.

0 Likes
PMDEL844

Doing this on my mobile so I can't reply to those who responded to my question below sorry. I spent about 30 minutes with a polite Verizon rep on the phone about an hour ago and ultimately was told to call tomorrow, the 21st, 2:02 a.m. replacement Note 7 and have a box sent to me to return the old device. She said they would of course waive the restocking fee and issue the $25 credit as well but I had to ask them to do that tomorrow. Doing it this way requires you to pay the tax again if you did the monthly payment option, but they refund that when they receive your old device. Seems many of us are being told various things but when I stated I had read that a Verizon employee could have the replacement order done this way, she put me on hold for another 10 minutes and ultimately I got the answer that they would indeed send the device out. This only makes sense as they were telling us from the beginning to return the device to the same place you originally obtained it, and I always use online orders because the stores are a nightmare. My best suggestion is to wait until tomorrow to call and say that others have been told this so you want the same consideration. That's what I'm doing and they noted my call today in their records so I'm hoping it works. If not, I'll be back on here to report that it was unsuccessful.

0 Likes
CYNTHO91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you called any of the stores?   I have..... and they all say either " we have no idea about the phone coming out on September 21", or "yes we are getting a few on the 21st but don't know when or how many, "  I even had one store tell me they were getting 9 note 7's........9?????????    I called 12 stores in two cities close to me, and it seems like they got an email on what to say.  

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

OK, so I am at the Verizon Corporate Store right now talking to the Sales Representative. This is the store where I brought my Note 7 for a "pay for loaner phone" temporary trade-in. Here is the latest. "The phones are supposed to be here tomorrow, we do not know how many we are getting, and they are for sale to everyone on a first come first serve basis". So, I ask what about the people who previously bought the Note 7, including those who still have the phone. All she could do was shrug her shoulders and say she didn't know.  Now I don't blame these sales reps at the store they have been great, they are doing their best with very limited support from Verizon, but I live 30 miles from this store and it is the closest one to me, I  will be back tomorrow after work and if I cannot trade my phone for the Note 7 I will give back the S7EDGE (I just got it last week) and look at other options. Maybe AT&T will have it in stock. Just sick and tired of the whole deal.

0 Likes
CYNTHO91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fyi johham55 I've called 10+ corporate stores and they all, pretty much word for word, said exactly what you just wrote....  kinda funny......  

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

It just seems to me that all of this talk about "The Safety of our Customers" is a load of crap! If the safety and concern of their customers was first and foremost they would be more interested with getting those units out of people's hands and supporting the customers they have sold the Note 7 to already.

KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I'm truly sorry about the experience you had at the store location. The exchange should be easy and painless because we do care that our customers having a working device they love. We also want to make sure you remain a happy customer with our family. We don't have information about the number of phones each store will receive, however, the representative should process the return and new phone purchase with no issues or inconvenience to you. If you continue to have issues once they receive their inventory of devices, please contact us by phone and we will discuss the best way to exchange your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lobro1023
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got through speaking with a Verizon rep on the phone.  The man I spoke with was very helpful & more than happy to assist me & my husband with getting our replacement Note 7s. They should arrive by Friday.  I did have to pay sales tax again, but he said that it would be refunded once they receive the recalled device. I am very satisfied. 

MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has been done a poor job on this one. There is no consistent information on this process. I could understand customer service representatives in the beginning not having all the answeres but now 2 weeks later they should know what the replacement process is and be able to relay that to customers instead of placing them on extended holds to only come back with no information. Yesterday I was so pleased that 2 different representives confirmed that I would indeed be able to exchange my Note 7 via phone and it would be mailed to me but that I would have to wait till rge Morning of the 21st to do so. WELL I have spent the last 1 1/2 hrs getting the run around  again. People who work can not leave their job and spend 2 hrs in Verizon and is why we ordered online in the first place. Verizon store takes hours and is not an option for many of us This is NOT the service I expect from Verizon.