Has the new update affected wifi connectivity?
tjonas64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since i received the new update yesterday 8/26, my note 3 has been CONSTANTLY scanning...connecting...dis-connecting...reconnecting...to my home network and subsequently draining my battery.  I even contacted my internet provider to ask if there was an unstable internet connection to my house but was informed there was none.  NOT a happy camper right now....

Re: Has the new update affected wifi connectivity?
name4me
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.   😞 is there a fix yet?

campos805
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here after update wifi signal sucks only works in living room where router is located. Does not work in bedrooms ao after 20 feet it disconnects from wifi hope they fix it soon

LuckDragon

Same here

0 Likes
tdish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have problems all the time with my Samsung Note 10, but not as much on my note 3. I can usually use wifi on my note 3 and if I have a problem,  I just restart it. My note 10 tablet, is a different story, but it doesn't have a data plan or a sim card to get a data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LuckDragon,

Having a reliable working phone is definitely important so I completely understand how you feel. Updates are meant to improve your phone, not cause you headaches. What specific issues are you having with the WiFi on your phone since the update? Is it not connecting at all?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to extend our asisstance to you as well campos805. Let's partner together and get your wifi connectivity working properly. How far away from the router, an estimate in feet, are you when in disconnects? Are you having the same issue when you are connected to other wifi network? As you shae the details then we can troubleshoot.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tjonas64
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would appear that the factory reset has "cured" the issue.  I have now spent the the last 2 days reinstalling apps and reconfiguring my phone  as if it were new… and that's with cloud backup… what a royal pain and utter waste of time.

tjonas64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well...back to a POS phone that I now have to charge twice a day.  The factory reset worked for a day or two but now  I am forced to recharge continually.  I am losing 30% charge OVERNIGHT when the phone is supposed to be asleep.  Thanks so much for the "update"...not.....

0 Likes