Group Messaging.
tahoetoy

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and now when my family is having group messaging sessions, which they do a lot, I'm not getting messages from some of them. My wife has an iPhone 6+ and is in the same group so I get to look and ase everything I miss. One on one I don't seem to have a problem but in the groups, some people I can't get there messages. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group Messaging.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details tahoetoy! I totally understand your dilemma, as I had similar issues with some group messages too (I have a LG G2)! You will continue to have this type of issues if some of those messages originate from an Apple device as group message sent via iMessage because your phone does not support iMessage (I feel you!). Please tell everyone in the group to ensure that messages are sent only as regular text messages and never as iMessage. I personally resolved this issue by setting up group messages on other applications, like Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, or other as these applications work on both iOS and Android platforms.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to message us, tahoetoy. We're here to help get your group texts up and running again! With regards to your phone, what device did you use previous to upgrading? Do you notice any patters with the devices whos messages you don't receive?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tahoetoy

I upgraded from a Note 3 and an LG G2 before that. Way back when, I had an iPhone 5 but I'm 100% certain my number is disassociated with imessage. Every other member of my family has am iPhone though. That probably had something to do with it although I can't imagine what. There shouldn't be any reason that cross-platform messaging had any problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details tahoetoy! I totally understand your dilemma, as I had similar issues with some group messages too (I have a LG G2)! You will continue to have this type of issues if some of those messages originate from an Apple device as group message sent via iMessage because your phone does not support iMessage (I feel you!). Please tell everyone in the group to ensure that messages are sent only as regular text messages and never as iMessage. I personally resolved this issue by setting up group messages on other applications, like Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, or other as these applications work on both iOS and Android platforms.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes