Re: Good experience exchanging Note 7
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Judymcb, do keep us posted on your experience with returning Amazon bought items to Verizon Corp Store. I had a similar experience getting my exchange online, but no immediate reversal of upgrade charges. This I have to watch and ensure it is taken care of in time. When I asked about Amazon accessories during the online chat I was told to go to Amazon. So I am out of luck.

0 Likes
ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also recieved the text to exchange online,and I just finished.

Not really happy but what can I so,this is the only phone I have so I can`t take chances.

It really irritates me that they make us go through the "upgrade" process when it is really a downgrade

and on top of that I was charged 20.00dollars for upgrade fee which the chat lady said I will get back.

Oh yea and taxes also which I don`t completly understand.All of the above plus being out for the $10.00 silicone case and the 15.00 belt holster has me A N G R Y.

nice to vent here

0 Likes
mpacileo

I went in to exchange the Note 7 and they told me that the refund for it would take a while to be processed, but I could get replacement phone. I asked if  the refund would be processed before the end of the next billing cycle and she seemed to think probably not. She said it would be easier to do it online. I didn't want that $800 fee on my next month's bill, so I went home to try to do it online. Now I am unsure if they will send me the new phone first and then the special box for the return or visa versa and if the refund won't be processed before they get the Note 7 returned? It seems I shouldn't have to pay for the phone and then be refunded, when I didn't cause the issue.

0 Likes
ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

check this out.

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Galaxy Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or
  2. Contact your point of purchase to obtain a full refund.

Customers who exchange a Note7 device to another Samsung device will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit, in-store accessory credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets.

Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

We never want you to feel left out. We want to be sure we address all of your concerns regarding the Note 7. No worries, I'm here to help. Tell us more. How can I assist you?

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

I actually don't have a problem. I still have an old Note phone that the Corporate store reactivated for me. I'm just waiting on a box (I'm assuming it is on the way) and waiting to see how Verizon handles the whole thing before deciding if i want to go down the road to a different carrier. I was not impressed with the way Verizon handled the first recall by making us early owners wait while others got the new "Safe" Note 7 on a "first come first serve basis". With my Note 7 I was paying more than $300 a month to Verizon for me and my family, but the Note 7 fiasco made me question our MANY YEARS of loyalty to Verizon. So yes the option of me going to AT&T and then moving the family in a few months is DEFINITELY on the table.

adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

JOHHAM55,

Our customers safety is our top priority and we certainly would not want to lose you as a customer. We apologize that you felt that you needed to wait to replace your device because that is certainly not the expectations we should have been setting. There would have been no stipulation or requirement preventing you from returning or exchanging your Note7. Indeed the revised device would have been available to those who wanted to purchase or exchange their device. We apologize if you were not able to take advantage of this offer immediately but please know that we made every effort to ensure customers were able to return their device and get into a safe and reliable phone.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then you were never "loyal" to begin with. What's loyal is someone who despite having a bad situation sticks with a company, like loyal Toyota customers who bought new toyotas even after that massive recall with the acceleration. That's loyalty.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Amazon is accepting back all accessories, with or without original packaging, for the Note 7 for full refund.  You need to go into your account under refund/returns, locate the order and put in for a refund.  A pre-paid mailing label will then be available to print. 

Now, I am not sure if returning the items is required.  The same day I dropped mine off at UPS I got a refund notice via text message that said my card had been credited.  Obviously Amazon hadn't received the  items back as yet, but the time of the text from Amazon was after the notice I got from UPS indicating the packages were picked up and in transit.

KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had no issues exchanging in a Verizon corporate store, and they even took my Note7's back from me instead of me having to mail them.  However, I was assured several times by the sales associate we dealt with that the taxes I paid for the Note7's would be refunded to me on the credit card that I originally paid them on.  I asked him several times because I just didn't believe that would be the case.  He assured me that this is how it would happen, and all of the other items would get refunded via my Verizon account.

Since it had been several days and I still hadn't seen a refund, I used Verizon chat to inquire.  I was informed that this is NOT how this process would work and I would be getting all refunds through my Verizon account.  I'm very frustrated at this point.  I shelled out another $95 to get these new phones, and now instead of getting money back into my checking acct (since I used my debit card to purchase the Note7's), I'm only getting a bill credit...ensuring I have to spend this money at Verizon again.  I paid for the new phones with the debit card thinking I'd be getting the refund of the Note7 taxes on that account so it would all be a wash. 

Just wish all Verizon parties knew the same information, it would've made this whole experience much less frustrating.