Giant white notification box and phone being awake when screen is off
Dead_zone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently downloaded the lollipop update thinking it can't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. My first complaint is these huge annoying pop up notification boxes. Not sure if there is a way to turn them off? Its really annoying when I'm reading something and a big box pops out and be like "hey, look at me,  I have a message for you right here right now! "

My second complaint is the battery drain at night. I have compared battery usage from 4.4.4 vs 5.0.1 and noticed a major difference. In 4.4.4, when my screen is off, the majority of the time the phone is asleep. But in 5.0.1, even when the screen is off for hours, the phone seem to be awake a lot. Random apps also seem to be draining my batteries even not in use.

Lastly, the phone app, it's simply unbearable. Is there a way to change it?

Is there a way I caN revert back to kitkat without doing a factory reset?

Re: Giant white notification box and phone being awake when screen is off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Updates are meant to improve your device Dread_zone. I regret to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with the recent lollipop update. Once you update the software on your phone, there is not a way to revert back to the previous software version.  Let's get your phone working the way it should be. When did you update the software on your phone. After downloading a new software version to your phone, it may take the device battery a couple of days to go back to normal. In regards to the notification pop ups. Do you receive all notifications in these big white pop up boxes? What exactly is going on with the phone app? Please share details.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes