Re: Galaxy Note II: Apps, Accessories, Tips, & Tricks
Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

Hey ammo, thanks for looking into how to solve one of the problems that I was having with this phone! I really appreciate that! Unfortunately, this just turns the feature on, just like you can turn it on from your notification bar. The problem is when the feature is turned on, it simply does not work! But thank you anyways for taking the time to try and help me out, bud.

Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

So I finally figured out how to add words to your phone's dictionary directly from the keyboard.. and boy is it dumb!

If you are using swype, simply type the word you wish to add to the dictionary using the individual letters (instead of swiping, press each key individually). Then hit space, then hit backspace. Now the word that you typed appears in the "autocorrect/suggestion bar" above your keyboard. Press the word in that bar, and it will add it to your dictionary.

Why you have to space, then backspace for it to show up in the bar above your keyboard is beyond me! It should always show up in the bar when you first type it, that way you can just click the word in the bar instead of having to space, then backspace. Very non-intuitive if you ask me... Oh well, that's one problem solved!

Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I had to do that for a few of my contacts as well. Unfortunately that is not the problem that I am having. Within certain messaging applications it has a image for the person that you are talking to. It appears that so far, unless they have a Google+ account linked to their contact in your device, only the default image will appear as their image, even though under my contact list their facebook pictures are showing. Like I said before, this seems to have been going on for quite some time now, since I have found some posts from a few months back. But thank you for responding and trying to help! It is much appreciated!

As for your issue with the one handed zoom, I did not know that this feature existed. Maybe you need to have the one handed features enabled in order to explore the possibilities of this working. Another possibility could be that your coworker might have had their phone rooted. I would suggest an inquiry with the coworker on the matter on Monday Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tcarulli
Enthusiast - Level 2

For anyone that is wondering about all of the hidden posts: you get to see them in your email if you join the thread. That's all I'm going to say. Smiley Happy

Now the phone: I have been using a Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet for about 7 months while I waited for this phone to become available on the Verizon network. (Only because of their network, not because I like the company.)

I use my phone mostly to keep me organized (business). After testing many apps and programs, I use the following: Onenote - syncs with my computer through skydrive. (I only have a live email to do this, used for no other purpose). Dropbox for documents and pictures that I may need on the fly. I've played with Evernote but just can't seem to adopt it. MHelpdesk for invoicing, work orders and customer requests. I have really tried hard to use Autotask but it is really hard to adopt and works horribly on the tablet. I also use Cozi for home/family lists. MyFiles to find my stuff on my phone. I set the blue tooth up for music in my car but some how I missed setting up the blue tooth to receive calls.

I am a little confused on how my exchange, outlook email is now what I am sending and receiving messages to. I have not found a place to change this yet.....

I am planning on buying the dock.

I can't find any cases, etc. locally so I can't report on any accessories yet.

tcarulli
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband just got the S3 and I got the Note2. We did get the bump??? to work for a picture but not music. Maybe it can't do a song.

0 Likes
MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

Why use bump instead ofthe NFC such as S Beam?

0 Likes
tcarulli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because i saw the bump in a video and haven't had time to figure out the difference yet.....

0 Likes
MBSquarE3
Contributor - Level 2

I used to useBump years ago with my wife. I mean its cool but an older

technology. I think it uses Bluetoot.

0 Likes
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great idea for a forum....this phone is a beast full of opportunities!

I'm trying to find a way to change the email contrast to white text on black background like I could do on my Fascinate.  Actually, just the way the settings screen look.  Much easier to read, especially in bright light.  I see the option to inverse all the colors on the phone, but that isn't what I need.  Anyone have ideas?

0 Likes
Aikidood
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone figured out a way to make Google Wallet work on our Note II yet? My friend was over last night and I saw Google Wallet works on his S3... Smiley Sad

0 Likes