Galaxy Note Edge Won't Turn On
BrieHart

My Galaxy Note Edge was perfect the first couple of months. Then in October it corrupted my microSD card. It's gone down hill from there. My phone would freeze, overheat, randomly shut down and spend 5-10 minutes rebooting and shutting down until I took the battery out and start it myself, and the battery would drain from 60% to 1% in a matter of seconds. A few weeks ago, when it randomly shut down, I got a message saying "Downloading... Do Not Turn Off Target". I assumed I had gotten the upgrade to Marshmallow and left it over night. When I woke up the next morning, it was still on my screen. I googled and found that several other people had this issue and they recommended taking out the battery and SIM card for a few minutes then putting it back in. That worked and it started right up again. It's gotten worse and finally I gave up and decided a factory reset was in order. I've tried to reset it 3 times, but all of my stuff is still there. Yesterday, my phone died and this time, it won't even come on again.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note Edge Won't Turn On
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to have issues with your phone before and after a software update BrieHart. Thanks for trying all those trouble-shooting steps. I'm sorry your phone suddenly shut off and won't come back on. Is there any damage to the device? Do you have insurance on your phone? We can try replacing the SIM card at a store location but if you continue to have issues, I recommend replacing the phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BrieHart

It has a few scuffs on it. I took it into my local Verizon store and they were baffled. The person helping me said that because of the scuffs on it, I'm not eligible for the warranty (which I would still be within as I purchased the phone mid-April 2015) and I would need to submit an insurance claim. I went on the Asurion website to do that and got this message: "Your Device Protection program provides coverage for devices that are lost and stolen, and those that experience damage that prevents the device from functioning correctly. What you have described is an device malfunction that is not covered by this program. "

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’re absolutely right BrieHart, you should be covered under your warranty still. I’m surprised to learn that the store would advise of filing an insurance claim with only a few scuffs on it. Typically insurance claims are good if there is physical or liquid damage. Are you able to attach pictures of your device so that we can verify that the store gave you the right step?

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

The battery on this phone starts to go wonky after about 8 months to 1 year.  Have you replaced the battery with a new one? I love how customer service refuses to tell anyone about this.  Google "battery needs replacing on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge" and you will see all the forums describing similar phone behavior like yours then everything is fixed when the battery is replaced. I was one of them.

0 Likes
Subron

Curious how did you do the factory reset

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Subron,

Resets aren’t my favorite step, but sometimes a very helpful necessity.
Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1YFu8xk.

You do have me a little worried. Is there a concern you are having that we can assist with?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes