Re: Galaxy Note 8 Trade-In Promotion - Scam?
MURPH622
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, I see. I got my 1st Note 7 in August 2016 and it was recalled. Got my second note 7 a week later. Then that was recalled. There was no mention that the annual 3 month 50% plan was no longer offered. Now I see that I have to wait the full 2 years to upgrade/trade in.

I asked if those of us that owned the Note 7 would be able to trade in if they came out with a new one and they said hopefully we would be able to do so.

We should be grandfathered.

This is so wrong.

LOSOMURTI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  It is the same thing if you paid off your phone and sell your  Samsung s7 for $350 and go toward note 8. Basically, they only paid you $130 for loyalty.

Not only they forced to return the note 7 and had to downgrade to s7 which was the phone I had paid couple months prior before the upgrade and I had to start new payments all over again.

DAVLAN6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had multiple talks over the last three months with Verizon about this.  I was told 2 days ago that Verizon is working on a buy back forgiveness program for former Note 7 owners when they want to get the Note 8.  Lots of us were mislead with the S7E.  Let's not go off the rails, yet. The phone won't even ship from Samsung until 9/14.  I have an email that says I will be taken care of.  I've been with Verizon for 20 years.  They have always taken care of me and I will trust them with this.  Just need a little patience.

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

Patience?  Verizon has had a YEAR to come up with a plan for when the Note 8's rolled out.  If they cared at all about their customers, they would have a plan in place RIGHT NOW.  Not after we all complain about the situation.

mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon has a very generous rate in offer considering this was not their problem and owe nothing to customer for Samsung's faulty phone. 

Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specs, Prices, & Features | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

phooey, auto correct...

0 Likes
BAHBDL
Enthusiast - Level 1

This deal is ridiculous.  I would be happy to trade my perfect condition S7E in for them to wipe the remaining balance off my account and pay the cull $40 a month for the Note8. This is the most ridiculous "offer" i've ever seen. I've been a very loyal Verizon customer and they can't do better than this!

OLGJAR52
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. Samsung is a mega rich company and no was even hurt a tiny bit from the note7 problem.

2. The deal they are offering for the new note8 for previous note 7 customers is a shame.

3. Most of us owe that current amount on our phones at this moment in which means if we do what Samsung is asking we will in no way get any type of relief on the new note 8.

4. Samsung needs to win there customers back by making good on the note 7 customers like they have in there home country by just giving them a note 8 with no charge. In which makes sense being all of use note 7 owners had to go through[Removed] with going back and forth getting the note 7 replaced and then replaced and them ultimately having to just give it up and purchase a older phone.

5. If Samsung wants to charge previous note customers anything at least they should only charge the $225 I cost to make the phone. that's all. and charge new customers the premium in which they want to which is about 400%.

6. If you do go with the Verizon trade in Verizon gets a chance to take your free device and get you to still pay a premium over 2 years and they go ahead and recycle your great working condition phone in for a premium.  it a loss loss loss for customers and a enormous win for Verizon and Samsung.

7. Also don't forget that Verizon ruins the actual galaxy experience by taking away so many great features that we do actually want (optimization tool)

8. Remember if you do attempt to upgrade to the note 8  your are completely getting [Removed] and are note in really receiving any relief on the new note 8 purchase if your a previous note  owner.  I pray they don't thing we are so stupid to accept a $425 trade horrible deal when I believe its should just sell it to us for a cool $250

or cut there loses and keep there loyal galaxy customers happy.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

I couldn't go back to an old phone - I had the S5 which had died and I went 2 months WITHOUT ANY PHONE because I was waiting for the Note 7's!  So when I was FORCED to turn in my Note 7 and DOWNGRADE - I had NO CHOICE but to choose an alternative phone that they were offering.

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

T-Mobile is willing to buy out my Verizon contract!  So I will be switching to them, as well as switching to iPhone at that point.  Verizon and Samsung are both going to lose a long time customer here.  I've only have Samsung phones and Verizon for service!